SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Question about restrictions and buying
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about restrictions and buying Login/Join 
posted
Hi! I’m a new member and interested in an accessory another member has posted. I currently am restricted from viewing other member’s public profile so there’s no way for me to reach out to them.

Is there anyway you can relieve my restriction?
How do members usually complete a transaction without getting scammed?

Thank you in advance

Posts: 8 | Registered: December 29, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Anyone registered after 3/22/22 is restricted. This is due to the scammers that were flooding the board. You need to put your email in your Profile page and ask seller to contact you. Do not post it on the open forum that will attract spammers/scammers.

If you post a WTB ad, to minimize the chance of being scammed, be sure to insist whoever emailing you claiming to be so and so member that they must also post in this thread. If they don't comply, do not proceed, because it is highly likely that they are scammer. And, if they claim they know someone who has what you're looking for and can hook you up with that someone, run the other way.

Here is the several-page thread discussing scammers, https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...790087194#5790087194

Q

Posts: 27156 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post