SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    "Permissions" question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Permissions" question Login/Join 
posted
Just curious, at what membership level do I get permissions to see members Public Profiles? It comes up specifically because I've seen a few threads in the Classified section where the posting member said "email me at my listed email address with questions" or something similar, but each time I click to find the info, it says "You do not have the appropriate permissions."

I might be missing something simple, but if I don't ask, I'll never know.....

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3529 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Newer members don’t have permission to view Public Profiles. But you, registered April 12, 2008, ought to have that permission.

Something is amiss.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Member Directory" is disabled.

But clicking on the member's name and selecting "Veiw (Member's Name) Profile" will let you see that individuals profile.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
At some point in the past, I removed your permissions to view member profiles. Almost always, this has to do with behavior in Classifieds.

Classifieds is regularly pruned these days, so whatever thread this is related to is gone.

What can you tell me about this? Straight answers will get you the farthest.

Posts: 109258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post