SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    In regard to Arfcom...and possibly relevant news
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In regard to Arfcom...and possibly relevant news Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
Mods,

I'm not a member of ar15com, but I stumbled across this while browsing twitter (after seeing the thread in the lounge). Figured I'd share it because it could be relevant to our browsing habits here at Sigforum, as well as websites we like to visit.

Here's the link to the thread:

https://twitter.com/AR15COM/st...718045049610241?s=20

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How 'bout I just shut this forum off for a couple of days?

I'm saying things to you guys but some of you just aren't getting it. I'm asking everyone to calm down. Just cool it with the end-of-the-world rhetoric. Stop predicting that it's now nothing but dark days until you die.

You guys are wearing me out with this stuff.

Let me ask you something, RAMIUS- and I ask this in all sincerity- do you think the owners of AR15.com would lift even a single finger to help this forum if we faced the same predicament?

Anyone want to call me a selfish jerk, go ahead, but first, answer my question. I know the answer already.

SIGforum pays out a lot of money each month- more than we really should- to have a premium host. We have a good relationship with our host, having been with them for almost twenty years.

As long as we refrain from violating our terms of service, we should be fine. Violation of TOS would include such things as angry rhetoric, inciting to violence, threatening statements about the government and so forth.

So,

Cool.

It.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Hi Para,

I certainly don't think AR15.com would help us out if roles were reversed. Since there's probably a bunch of Sigforum rejects over there, they'd probably celebrate sigforum's demise.

You've actually addressed my initial concern about the host dropping sigforum, as well as explained the best way to prevent that. That was my concern.

Thanks for the reply and info. Just wanted to pass the info as to 'why' it was happening with the intention of just giving a heads up without gumming up the lounge or drifting a thread.

As for end of the world drama stuff, I'm cool as a cucumber Cool .

Thanks again for the info.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post