SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Para, where do you recommend buying Surfire batteries from?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Para, where do you recommend buying Surfire batteries from? Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
Hi Para. I searched but could not find a recent thread where you recommended SureFire batteries only for WMLs. For years I've been buying Duracell CR123 batteries, and with Duracell, and being burned by Chicom Duracell fakes (best I can tell), I'm done with WML batteries I can't count on.

So I'm going to exercise your advice on buying only SureFire CR123 for my WMLs, but I'd like to know where you like to buy yours from. I'm hesitant to buy ANY batteries from Amazon, which is where I got my suspect batteries (more than once and in multiple sizes etc). My guess is you are not getting yours from Amazon, but I just can't remember if you specified a trustworthy source.

Any advice with this much appreciated.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8946 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
SureFire sells them direct, on their website. Maybe not the cheapest place to get them, but they're probably not counterfeit.

https://www.surefire.com/batteries/

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Not para, but...

I tired of CR123s that didn't seem to last. So last buy I bought Surefire. I got mine from Battery Junction. I'd been using Battery Junction's own brand: Titanium Innovations.

FWIW: Everything I've read suggests Surefire batteries are made by Panasonic.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I buy them from Amazon

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Para, can you clarify where you buy SurFire batteries yourself ? Are you buying them from Amazon (NOT 3rd party via Amazon) ?

Posts: 8946 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I bought them from Amazon

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para.