SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Can't delete a post I started.

Moderators: lbj, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't delete a post I started. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Is that new?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 16415 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Once someone has replied you cant delete.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Scotch: Neat.

Posts: 9205 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I assume you mean used the quote feature.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 16415 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thread you start - you can no longer delete it, once someone has made a reply to it.

Post you start - the Delete feature is still there, if you want to delete that post of yours.

Q

Posts: 21699 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
As stated, the original post in a thread cannot be deleted once there is a reply—and no, not just a quote: any reply.
I just killed (deleted) a thread I started, but that was possible only because no one had posted a reply.

You can, however, delete the contents of an initial post or edit it to something like a single period (.), including the subject line. Whether that would be appropriate in view of what's posted in follow-up replies would be something to consider.

As a bit of history that some here may remember, long ago it was possible to delete the initial post in a thread one started, and that then would delete the entire thread including all replies by everyone who posted in the thread. That was later changed to the current situation.

“The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
— Bertrand Russell

Posts: 44310 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post