SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    When is it appropriate to start new thread vs posting in old thread?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When is it appropriate to start new thread vs posting in old thread? Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
I just posted on the Bud Light thread about Trump saying that Bud deserves a second chance and that AB is not a woke company. This story is obviously appropriate for that thread, but perhaps seems substantial enough to warrant a new thread.

My thought is that it seems that once threads get to a certain size/age that the average member stops checking it. Often it seems that new posts are just “more of the same”. Maybe that’s just me. In this case in particular, I think many more members would be interested in this Trump news than will see it as a post in the old thread.

So my question is: when, if ever, is it appropriate to start a new thread that fits within the topic of an old thread?

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't have a good answer for you on this.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: “My thought is that it seems that once threads get to a certain size/age that the average member stops checking it.”

I think that you’re wrong about that. Some members might do that, but most will look at new posts in a long/old thread if they’re interested in the thread topic.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8976 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post