SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    18 minutes composing post
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

18 minutes composing post Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted
Para, I didn't want to further derail the other thread with an explanation. However, I do think one is in order given the circumstances. On my tablet, and I assume on other devices, my browser opens a new window when I hit reply. I was in that window typing my post and got interrupted by my wife wanting to discuss some plans before she finalized them. Once that conversation was done I simply wrapped up my post and hit go. So no, I had not seen your post and did not ignore same "to get my shots in".

It did not occur to me to go back above your post and delete mine, I felt it was best to simply apologize for my mistake and move on from the back and forth after seeing your admonishment.

My apologies again but I didn't want to leave you feeling I had simply ignored your direction to get the last word.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've had that happen, that, almost exactly, and, when it did, I quickly deleted my post--just as Para suggested in that thread you should have done.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I guess I was more concerned with letting Para know I hadn't seen his post before I had posted mine. It didn't occur to me to delete it, my immediate reaction was "shit, I better let him know I didn't see his post".

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The same has happened to me.

Distracted in the middle of the post, going back and proofreading, or making reading to make sure I am not posting word salad (some things make perfect sense to my banana brain, but is appears and bendable incoherent alium speech from Darmok or Carl and Marlin at the Shell Station.

If I post a thing and see quickly that it is sideways, I will delete it.

If I have posted something and it has been seen by several folks, before I realize it could have/should have not been posted, I will leave it.

I would rather take heat for the faux pas than make it appear I was trying to "walk back" something I said.

In some cases, it is better to be whipped and wear the scar for daring to be a fool, than to be considered someone trying to weasel out of a statement or position.

It is harder to type quickly with old crooked fingers, especially when you just know someone is gonna hammer you for misstiepeeng...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post