SIGforum
Sig Academy Florida

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/451105858/m/9350015284

June 07, 2021, 07:57 AM
Ted1Trading
Sig Academy Florida
After taking almost two dozen course in New Hampshire at the SIg Academy, I took a couple courses at their outpost at the Volusia County Gun Club in Florida. The lead instructor was Ross Begnaud and he was outstanding. While the club itself is not as modern as SIG in Epping, NH, the instruction was outstanding. I highly recommend it.

Pete T. (aka Ted1Trading)
June 09, 2021, 03:59 PM
Oat_Action_Man
I've had Ross as an instructor or co-instructor for a few classes in NH and he's great. I very much appreciated that he would take time to give advice to the more advanced shooters one-on-one, since they often get short shrift when there are less experienced folks on the line in a full class.

He also never complained once when I hit him right in the face with probably half mag's worth of brass while we were shooting prone next to each other. Big Grin

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
June 09, 2021, 04:37 PM
Ted1Trading
At my last class, the shooter next to me Got a little too close and his ejected shell ended up bouncing off my hat and caused a stovepipe in my gun! Even Ross was surprised. I had never seen that before either. Sure wish I had it on tape.

January 25, 2022, 08:19 PM
Ted1Trading
UPDATE: I attended another SIG Academy course today in New Smyrna Beach at the Volusha County Gun and Hunt Club. The course was Skill Builder II Pistol. The instructors were Ross Begnaud, Larry ____ and Sean ____. (Sorry I didn't get their last names.)

The course utilized all the skills learned in prior courses and had a number of very useful drills. I learned a numbers of new ways to think about tactical shooting. These guys are true pros! Their backgrounds as federal agents and military operators added so much to the course.

I highly recommend training at the SIG Academy!!

January 30, 2022, 07:08 PM
wcberry
I've done several course at SIG "south". The courses were always on spot and Ross, Issac and others have been great. Just finished PSR101 a couple weeks ago and Dave flew down from Epping and provided super instruction. Good Stuff.