SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Reminder - locktite your holster screws...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reminder - locktite your holster screws... Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Was shooting my local IDPA match yesterday, and one of our regulars was talking about getting DQ-ed at a major match when his holster “fell off”

I was like “how does that happen?”, and felt mine - it rotated loosely... uh oh. Luckily I had another Bladetech in the bag, and I was able to replace the two out of three screws that had backed out.

Today, everything, including mag pouches, gets taken apart and re-done with locktite.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Good reminder. Your gear needs regular maintenance, not just the pistol. It's easy to overlook that.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Very sound advice. I have never seen one come off at a match, but I have seen them come apart in classes.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I had a Bladetech holster and then a ghost mag pouch both almost fall off at matches. Everything gets the blue goo now.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I just bought an AIWB holster for my G43x and lost a screw and cam after about 3 days. Fucking obnoxious, but shame on me because I know better.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I actually have an Eklund Torx wrench set in my office desk drawer because I can't seem to remember to Locktite the holster screws.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post