SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Training/Range Recommendations in Seattle area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Training/Range Recommendations in Seattle area? Login/Join 
posted
I haven't shot in, I think 2 years now. Just a lot of life "stuff" going on. I used to shoot all the time but since I moved back to the Seattle area (Covington), it's been tough.

I know there's a few different ranges around, does anybody have any recommendations for clubs and especially training classes in the Seattle area?

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of training are you looking for?

It's a bit of a haul, but I would look into Firearms Academy of Seattle.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Former resident of the Pac NW.

Check out West Coast Armory in Bellevue, GREAT RANGE. They offer training too, Greg Hamilton's Insights Training Company was doing classes there, don't know if they still are but a phone call should verify it.

Also, check out Firearms Academy of Seattle (they are in Onalaska, south of Olympia though) for classes.

Another really top notch range is Federal Way Discount Guns and Indoor Range, great facility. I do not know about their training program/staff though.

Between West Coast Armory and Federal Way Discount Guns Indoor Range - you cannot go wrong.

Good luck.

Nowadays, when I fly out to visit my parents, my dad and I shoot at the Glacier Gun Club in Olympia. But this trip I am going to check out a new range in the Lakewood Area.

Lots of good ranges in the Pac N.W.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:

Check out West Coast Armory in Bellevue, GREAT RANGE. They offer training too, Greg Hamilton's Insights Training Company was doing classes there, don't know if they still are but a phone call should verify it.

+1

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
Former resident of the Pac NW.

Also, check out Firearms Academy of Seattle (they are in Onalaska, south of Olympia though) for classes.

Another really top notch range is Federal Way Discount Guns and Indoor Range, great facility. I do not know about their training program/staff though.

Between West Coast Armory and Federal Way Discount Guns Indoor Range - you cannot go wrong.

Good luck.

Nowadays, when I fly out to visit my parents, my dad and I shoot at the Glacier Gun Club in Olympia. But this trip I am going to check out a new range in the Lakewood Area.

Lots of good ranges in the Pac N.W.

Thanks for the tips!

I forgot about WGS in Lakewood, need to check them out. I sued to live in Olympia and almost joined Glacier but ended up getting a job in Seattle so we moved.

Wife is getting more interested in some classes as well.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
I forgot about WGS in Lakewood, need to check them out.

I flew out to the Pac NW last week. Had a chance to check out the WGS Range/Store in Lakewood. I didn't shoot there, but the range looked fantastic and the store was top notch. I remember Welcher's from back in the day... great location for them to build the range!

I did shoot a couple of times at Glacier with my dad... nice time, helped him dial in his Crimson Trace Laserguard for his Glock 26, he's been carrying that lately and really likes the system. (He replaced the Laser Grip that he had on it).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked Bruce or Jerry about training in WA, they recommended Graham Combat. http://grahamcombat.com/

-c1steve

Posts: 4038 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
hwansik Kim is out of Bellingham.

https://www.hkimshooting.com

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jlw
posted Hide Post
John Holschen runs the West Coast Armory North in Everette:
https://www.westcoastarmorynorth.com/training

Gabe White is based out of Portland:
http://www.gabewhitetraining.com/

The Firearms Academy of Seattle is in Onalaska. They have their own stuff and they host some of the traveling trainers. They are also now hosting Gunsite's offsite training:
https://firearmsacademy.com/

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post