SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Has anyone gone to a SIG armorer's course recently?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone gone to a SIG armorer's course recently? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Has anyone been through the SIG armorer's course recently?

The last time I went was in 2003 and it was one of the better factory armorer's classes out there. I'm contemplating signing up to take the 2 day "Classic" line one again as well as the 1 day P320 class.

Just wondering what has changed and if it's worth spending my department's money on.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
I went to both last year and it was worth it. I really needed the update on the Classic series. The info on the P320 was very helpful.

What is concerning is that SIG is getting rid of their old school gunsmiths that know all the tips and tricks to make things easier, the guys that really know the guns. I hope the newer guys can keep up.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointman73:

What is concerning is that SIG is getting rid of their old school gunsmiths that know all the tips and tricks to make things easier, the guys that really know the guns. I hope the newer guys can keep up.

I am curious about this comment. How is SIG getting “rid” of their “old school gunsmiths” a factor when it is and always has been Academy staff that have taught these classes? The same core group of guys have been the primary instructors for a while now, and they each have 20-25 years of relevant experience on the classic guns.

The guy that I think will be the next head instructor for the academy is as solid a guy as they come.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post