SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    going to SSP from ESP SIG 226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

going to SSP from ESP SIG 226 Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
Going to SSP from ESP 15 rounds instead of 10.
I can load my first SSP magazine up to 15 rounds +1
but what is the max I can load the second magazine to is it also 15?
I watch shooters here in SW FL and they seem to load up to what ever they want?
Can I use my other 17 round mag loaded up to 17 and blast away till empty or will I get points?
Thank you.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2440 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are REQUIRED to start with the magazine loaded to Division capacity, 15 for SSP PLUS one in the chamber unless otherwise specified or unless starting with an empty gun.

Reload magazines are to be loaded to Division capacity.

You may not load up and blast away although Florida Man seems to do a lot of stuff not seen elsewhere.

Posts: 3324 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jim.
Yep they do it differently down here.
Im an import 24 years but still not a Florida Man.
Or am I Y'All.
Cool

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2440 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
had a great match SSP 15+1 and 15 nice!!
I started to shoot make up shots and getting Zero downs.
Smile

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

posted Hide Post
When SSP-15 came in, I dug out the M&P and shot it instead of my usual ESP. It was fun for a while but then the MDs reacted by putting up a lot of 17-18 shot stages to force SSP to reload. So there is little flexibility, move through the stage and reload on the last target, or maybe the next to last if you have put in a couple of makeups.

So I went back to ESP. I look at the stage and locate my reload. Depending on the layout, it might be a chamber loaded reload or a slidelock reload.

Posts: 3324 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
All the stages here are 18 rounds I was forever reloading ESP because the way the stages are designed.. the PCC crowd rule it seems.
A lot of the stages are PCC orintated.
Im just there for the craic but the less I have to reload the better.
Thanks for the replies.
Here is a statement from one of the old timers.

"As most Match Directors are jerks, they NEVER build a 16 round stage". Mad

"Which is why they rarely let ME build any of the
stages as I would make 9 round defensive stages and 12 round movement stages. Most everybody else just wants all 18 rounds blasters for some reason".

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Hahaha. I go to shoot so 18rd stages are good with me…

I started in SSP when it was 10rds and I notice it’s more of a challenge now with 15+1. Most stages don’t align well. Add in designs that favor CO and PCC, it can be tough.

It was good to see PCC shooters challenged with magazines limited to 15 in the Colorado at the Rocky Mountain Regional.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8369 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

I started in SSP when it was 10rds and I notice it’s more of a challenge now with 15+1. Most stages don’t align well. Add in designs that favor CO and PCC, it can be tough. Cool

It was good to see PCC shooters challenged with magazines limited to 15 in the Colorado at the Rocky Mountain Regional.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Yes LONG Range Steel Targets for one!!
All the PCC blokes here are up on OPtICS as well.
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

I started in SSP when it was 10rds and I notice it’s more of a challenge now with 15+1. Most stages don’t align well. Add in designs that favor CO and PCC, it can be tough.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO