SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    ~ OpSpec Training - Practical Fundamentals - Feb. 8 & 9, 2019 - Mesa, Ariz. ~
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~ OpSpec Training - Practical Fundamentals - Feb. 8 & 9, 2019 - Mesa, Ariz. ~ Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If you are planning on signing up for this one, I’d do it soon.

Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Signed up myself and the wife.

See you in Mesa!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
This class is a go. Why are you not registered yet?

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
OK, I’m in. Man it’s been a while!
Couldn’t even remember all the courses I took from Bruce before there was an OpSpec Training.
Just bought a house in nearby Gilbert and although it will be rented, it isn’t yet.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I believe this one is about closed.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
This class is a go. Why are you not registered yet?

Really wanted to.

First MOAC rifle last year, got pulled away, and now stuck with Afghanistan this time around.

So close, and yet...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jerry, I sent an e-mail asking if still openings so I can know whether to ask a friend. No answer yet.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Jerry, I sent an e-mail asking if still openings so I can know whether to ask a friend. No answer yet.

Let me check.

www.opspectraining.com

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jerry!
Look forward to seeing you again!
Stan T

Boone 2007?
Spray carbine class

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, Jerry!
Look forward to seeing you again!
Stan T

Boone 2007?
Spray carbine class

Hey doc, just checked and there is ONE slot left. Kyle is going to email you back, but if you want it, it is yours.

www.opspectraining.com

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I won’t ask you to hold it, but I will text my friend.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My friend Steve is very interested, he’s checking with “the boss” right now.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Will Cali 10-round mags work for Practical Fundamentals? In Arizona I can buy standard capacity mags but can't take them back.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will Cali 10-round mags work for Practical Fundamentals? In Arizona I can buy standard capacity mags but can't take them back.

yeah, you'll just need 5-6 to keep up. Average strings in PF are 50-60 rounds (on the second day).

www.opspectraining.com

Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
quote:

And there are usually local guys willing to buy Mags you cant take back, or happy to loan standard capacity stuff if available. What will you be running?

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’ll be using a Sig P226, if my friend comes he may be using my backup 229, both in 9 mm.

Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll be using a Sig P226, if my friend comes he may be using my backup 229, both in 9 mm.

I certainly have some 226 mags you can use. Don't have any 229 mags, but I would bet money some there will be running another 229 and may be interested in buying mags after the class. Either way I would be happy to help make sure they are dealt with after the class.

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My wife wants to run her G26 because it's most similar to the G43 she carries. I told her the G43 is definitely out.

Will she be okay with the G26 and tons of mags or should I try to pry it out of her hands and talk her into my G19?
I will be running either the G19 or the G34.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
My wife wants to run her G26 because it's most similar to the G43 she carries. I told her the G43 is definitely out.

Will she be okay with the G26 and tons of mags or should I try to pry it out of her hands and talk her into my G19?
I will be running either the G19 or the G34.

Bruce

I have toyed with the idea of banning all mouse guns to include the G26/M&Pc/365/etc.

We just had a lengthy discussion on this in the instructor cadre. The argument that Harold and the boys are making is that might piss some people off by doing so. Because in every class, someone wants to show up with a mouse gun, and they ALWAYS struggle to keep up. I have yet in 15 years of doing this to see anyone who didn't struggle with a gun that size. I give advice of how bad of an idea it is, but it registers like communism to the left. "It just needs to be tried one more time and it will work". My point is if you force people to show up with the right equipment, you are doing them a favor by setting them up for success. But, each time I see mouse guns, and each time I see blatant safety violations because of compact guns, people that run out of ammo way too early in a string, safety violations because they injure themselves inserting magazines, safety violations because the round count turns their hands to hamburger, etc. In 15 years, I have seen nothing good come from shooting a subcompact pistol in any of my classes.

The skills that are learned transfers to the G43, G26 and whatever pistol that you want to pick up. This class is designed around a G19 pistol or larger. (emphasis on larger) Hell, I have a P320 Compact that I would love to loan somebody to drive up the round count. (see my P320 thread).

Anyway, that's my take on it.

www.opspectraining.com

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I read your thoughts to my wife. She will shoot the G19, maybe the G17.

Bruce

PS: I hope you will teach me how you did that. Smile

-Niccolo Machiavelli