SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Accidental mag ejection at the worst time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accidental mag ejection at the worst time Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

I’m “blessed” by small hands, I couldn’t drop a mag using a button without shifting my hand to save my life. I have ridden slide releases plenty but dropping most mags (other than paddle) require me to shift my grip.

Put me in the paddle category.

My Son tells me I have huge hands. I don't think they are that big but whatever. Smile
One of the reasons I sold my P365 was because I couldn't hit the mag. release without shifting my grip. Sometime after that, my son buys a Wilson Combat grip module for his and it was a night and day difference. Kinda wish I had it back but I already replaced it with a Hellcat that fills the roll for those few times I'm not carrying a Glock of some sort and need something really small.

Another magazine related issue I see is when people add magwells to their pistol and don't add the correct length baseplates to their magazines. The magazine may not be fully seated and falls out on the first shot. Many that do add the longer base plates use the ones that add extra rounds. There is nothing wrong with that if you thoroughly test the reliability. What sometimes gets overlooked is how well they stay together when they hit concrete. I'm sure more than a few members here have seen rounds spilled all over the ground. I personally stick with the +0 base plates and double check they are secured properly.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post