SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 62
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
What optic is that? g was still intact (although compressed), but the ejector retaining pin had been battered almost in half by the

It's a plastic version of the C-More.
The very first time I used the Banshee, the extractor broke on the 3rd mag. They sent another one and I stuck an O-ring in it and used the medium weight from their action tuning kit. It's working fine now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Excellent shooting, RichardC! I've always wanted one of those Ruger 77s...the idea of a pistol caliber bolt-action is just cool, and having the can on it is just icing on the cake! Nice levergun, too. I've taken a needle file to the gate opening on some of mine to polish out the burrs...seems like the new ones are a lot worse than the older ones.

quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
It's a plastic version of the C-More.
The very first time I used the Banshee, the extractor broke on the 3rd mag. They sent another one and I stuck an O-ring in it and used the medium weight from their action tuning kit. It's working fine now.

Thanks for the info. My problem isn't the extractor, it's the ejector....so far my extractor has been flawless, knock on wood. Here's a picture with the spring, ejector plunger, and crushed pin (lower left):

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
gotta run to work but I read a lot about the RDB from this guy

https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=280

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks, definitely a lot of knowledge there!

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Well, it ain’t too pretty but I finally got this stage done haha…

Gun was a PSA 9mm AR, pretty plain-Jane saving the addition of a sort-of vintage-y (if circa 2009 counts as “vintage”) VTAC light mount and Surefire handheld light. Two-point sling by Blackhawk. 32-round magazines by ASC. Save an early failure / breakage of the bolt stop and, not long after, a nasty ka-boom issue that involved aluminum-case ammo (which or may or may not have been the culprit), this gun has since delivered over 2,000 trouble-free rounds downrange.

Ammo for today’s mission was from a stash of 135-grain FMJ “carbine only” ammo from Wilson Combat.

No timer and spare mag simply on the bench for the reloads. I ran this one at 10 and 15 yards for warmups before moving to 20, taking a couple of practice swipes, then declaring the pictured targets as “for the record” before shooting them. Hate that I didn’t keep them all in the black / blue here, but there it is. For what it’s worth, I ran this one another couple of times and got ‘em all in haha.

Good times, yet again, and looking forward to The Next Round!

As an aside, the magazine situation has me wondering if my friends at Milt Sparks could craft me a nifty magazine pouch in natural tan to match the one I have for .223 PMAGS…hmmm…a call to Idaho may be in order! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
TheFrontRange, not bad, not bad at all. Nice rig, too

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you! You shoulda seen me slinging in those Xs at 10 and 15 LOL!

One mildly humorous sidebar to this range trip. After shooting the stage, I moved to continuing my ongoing Browning Hi Power journey and worked with a 1911, too, but figured I’d treat myself to a little 30-ish-round departure blast-off with the carbine to finish the day out.

Feeling all smug, I heft and load the AR and fire once and then…nothing. What’s wrong?

Well…the magazine I’d thought I’d seated in the gun was at my feet. I hadn’t even heard it hit, though I bet my fellow shooters on the line did.

I quickly collected the mag and what was left of my pride, loaded back up, half-heartedly engaged the evil bowling pin target I’d run to 15 yards just for my finale, and packed-up and departed.

The range staff and I did have a chuckle about it before I checked-out. They told me to not worry a bit - they’d just had a customer come in looking for an extended magazine…for a Taurus .38 Special revolver. Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Not too shabby, sir, and I like the iron-sighted AR!

As to the mag drop thing...you're not alone! Big Grin

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you and I’m glad I’m not the solo member of the “Mag-Drop Mafia” haha! Big Grin

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
^^ Thank you and I’m glad I’m not the solo member of the “Mag-Drop Mafia” haha! Big Grin

My S&W Victory .22 has an oversized mag release button expressly designed for that purpose.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

My S&W Victory .22 has an oversized mag release button expressly designed for that purpose.

Big Grin!

2 more days left until the winner picks a new one! If anybody is on the fence about jumping in on this round, now's the time!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like Chowser and RichardC are going to have to arm wrestle to see who picks the next one!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Oh, no, Chowser wins fair & square.

I had absurdly long reload times.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Lol. I did't even hit the X on the bottom target.
I've been working on a red dot familiarization drill for work. Maybe I'll test it out on you all.

Not minority enough!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Bring it Big Grin!

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Bring it Big Grin!

This was the rough draft our new guy did for his teach back lesson at instructor school. Obviously, it would be modified for here since not everyone can get to a range where they can move around and/or don't have access to red dots. lol. Our whole gist to get our people used to the red dots and to stop relying on point shooting. Everyone hates the way our chief made them mount the RMRs.

Not minority enough!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I like it! I'm down. I need to put in some time with the dot, anyway, and one of my biggest struggles has always been acquiring it from a non-traditional stance, such as off-hand only, or coming off a sprint. I don't have any restrictions at my range, so I will probably run it as presented, but we will probably need an alternative course for those who can't.

Just for clarification, what is the significance of the two sets of arrows? Is the course meant to be run twice, once from each side? Or are they just movement indicators, shooter's choice? Also, any barricades at the stages, or just shooting off the line?

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Shooter’s choice. It’s easier for lefties to go to the right for stage 2.
We’re trying to do something short and quick since we’re pressed for time and have no ammo so it’s only 12 rounds.

Not minority enough!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Oooo, I like it. My range will not allow movement like this nor do I have an RMR; regardless, I like it and will shoot it from a static point and maybe even have a buddy hit the target switch for me between stages so I can reload “unfettered,” so to speak. Looking forward to giving it a whirl, even if my results are “unofficial” - this just looks fun!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Shooter’s choice. It’s easier for lefties to go to the right for stage 2.
We’re trying to do something short and quick since we’re pressed for time and have no ammo so it’s only 12 rounds.

Gotcha, makes sense. We've been operating under the same constraints for the past year, and it's definitely a challenge to come up with useful stuff that keeps us within our ammo constrains. This looks fun and dynamic while practicing skillets that I need to develop, so I'm looking forward to shooting it. Are we using the ol' reliable B8 target, or something else?

FrontRange, I'd say shoot what you've got within the parameters of what your range allows (having the target coming at you could add an interesting twist!). No hard and fast rules here...it's all for fun!