SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 62
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I know I am never going to best fritz in a rifle challenge but with a pistol I may have a chance (at least while he is using a P6). But I am not winning the basics of getting a target. When I go to the link I don't see a download option. And when I just copy the .jpg I can't get it to print to those dimensions.
Any guidance.
j

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I know I am never going to best fritz in a rifle challenge but with a pistol I may have a chance (at least while he is using a P6). But I am not winning the basics of getting a target. When I go to the link I don't see a download option. And when I just copy the .jpg I can't get it to print to those dimensions.
Any guidance.
j

If you click on the thumbnail on the page, it will open up a full-sized view and you can print it from there. Or alternatively, try this direct link which should allow you to download and print the full-size image. It should just about fill an 8.5x11 sheet of paper without any "fit to page" options specified.

https://d16ztny0u4c50x.cloudfr...sed%202013%20(2).jpg

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I got busy and missed Tuesday. hrcjon, please don't hesitate to shoot this last one and post it up...would love to see your target, but I think it's time for a new challenge.

Looks like the final results are RichardC 108, Fritz 106, Me 105, and Noah 68. Congrats Richard! Have you got a new one for us?

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Errrr .. I was sure hrcjon would beat us all ...

Three nights ago, I had an unusually detailed & realistic dream that we scheduled an indoor 50 foot smallbore prone match, complete with shooting mats, coats and slings but fritz (oddly enough) couldn't find his rimfire rifle, so we changed it to a 50 foot indoor prone air rifle match.

Too many tacos before bedtime? Big Grin

Let me think a bit.... and ask the group for information for future match ideas.

Does everyone have:

a mousegun? Eensey-weensey Pocket pistol, .380ACP or smaller?

an air or CO2 pellet rifle? pistol?

a BB gun, long gun or handgun?

a shotgun 12 or 20 and slugs?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might be amazed at the things I can't find at certain times.

No mousegun, only 9mm.
.17 cal pellet springer air rifle.
12 & 20 gauge O/U shotguns -- no slugs in current ammo inventory, only birdshot.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
You might be amazed at the things I can't find at certain times.
No mousegun, only 9mm.
.17 cal pellet springer air rifle.
12 & 20 gauge O/U shotguns -- no slugs in current ammo inventory, only birdshot.

I'm right there with ya on the *lost* stuff. And .177 springers might be in everyone's inventory; good note for future matches.

REVISED REVISED REVISED
Substitute the B-3 target for both timed and rapid fire stages.
OK, if everyone has a .22RF pistol, here's a throwback bullseye match, REVISED:

Any .22 RF pistol. any sights. one handed. 50 feet.

1) slow fire, 10 shots in ten minutes or less, on the B-2 Slowfire Pistol Target
https://targets4free.com/wp-co...-by-Targets4Free.pdf

2) timed fire, 2 - five shot strings, 20 seconds each
3) rapid fire, 2-five shot strings, 10 seconds.
Both timed and rapid fire on the B-3 Pistol Target

https://www.nassi.com/p50rf.pdf
Edit: thirty shots total, not twenty.

I am still Big Grin emotionally prepared to humiliate myself on this one. eg., cheap beer in the fridge.

REVISED

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
slow fire, 10 shots in ten minutes or less
timed fire, 2 - five shot strings, 20 seconds each
rapid fire, 2-five shot strings, 10 seconds.
twenty shots total.

Isn't that 30 shots total?

For the 2x5 strings -- 10 total shots on 1 target, or 5 shots each on 2 different targets?

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We're haunting your dreams, Richard...I don't know about you, but that would worry me a little, especially this group lol!

Mouse guns we have, and shotguns, too. Noah even has his own 870. Airguns, not so much....Noah has a cheap crossman spring rifle and an electric AK, but accuracy isn't really a thing for either of those.

This week looks challenging...those target rings are small Eek! I do love an opportunity to get the MkII out, though!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, thirty, not twenty. shots.
I ' d use separate targets for each stage

make scoring easier.

Edit: that translates to 10 shots on slow fire target, ten on timed and ten on rapid fire targets, total, 3 targets with ten shots each.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

posted Hide Post
How many bonus points per target for "gansta style" technique?

yo homies

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Oh man...I just realized this is one-handed. At 50 feet. On a tiny target. I might not do any worse shooting gangsta style!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
With apologies for my precipitousness in selecting targets, if no one has already printed and shot their targets, its re-imagined (heh, heh) to use the B-3 for the timed and rapid fire stages.

https://targets4free.com/wp-co...-by-Targets4Free.pdf <--- Slow Fire

https://www.nassi.com/p50rf.pdf <--- Timed & Rapid Fire

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since I practiced offhand bullseye shooting.
S&W M41, CCI Standard Velocity.
66 on slow fire, 76 on timed fire and 80 on rapid fire, 222/300 total.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work Richard! Looking forward to shooting this one later this week...gonna have to fight to squeeze in some range time. It's my long week at work and it's only Monday, but it's already promising to be a busy one. It's warming up, and the idiots are increasing their idioting accordingly.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I got out and shot today. It was pouring rain when I left the house, so I was kinda not sure what to expect, but it cleared up right when I got there, so I got to spend some time testing some loads for the Krag and spend some time with my carry gun, too. Noah is out of state with the grandparents for the next two weeks, so it was just me this time.

First of...excuses. This is about as far out of my comfort zone as possible. Any formal training that I've ever receievd has been law enforcement stuff, and focused on combat stances. Doing the one-handed precision thing at distance is not my cup of tea. But it pushed me, and it was actually kinda fun. I shake like a leaf in a windstorm, though!

I absolutely love shooting that MkII. I did some practice before shooting the match today, and put 150 rounds of un-plated lead ammo through it total. That thing didn't even hiccup one time...absolutely flawless all day. Hard to believe with a rimfire semi-auto.

I managed 76 on the slow fire, 85 on the timed fire (ignore the 88 written on the target, math was wrong), and 78 on the rapid fire, for a total of 239/300.

And then, just for fun, 2-handed on a B8, because if you make the 10-ring bigger and use both hands, it's much easier! Big Grin

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice work, 92fstech!

Imagine how good we'd get if we practiced this match weekly. And weak-handed. Smile

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd like to think we would. Or maybe I'd just suck every week over and over again Big Grin. There are a few guys at my club who shoot bullseye...watching them practice is pretty incredible. There's some impressive skill there.

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Dangit - had a S&W 422 in the range lineup for today with intentions of at least trying this one and didn’t bring the targets! Argh!

Nice shooting, folks, and I’ll try again next round!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well that's a bummer! Looking forward to seeing your entry for the next one. I'm still waiting to see Fritz shoot this one with his P6 Big Grin.

posted Hide Post
I was moments from leaving for the ranch for a workday last weekend when I saw the need for 2 different targets. I had printed only the slow fire target, so I just practiced on 1" pasters that day. Good thing I practiced one-handed last weekend, as the results around those pasters were....bad. Many moons ago, before rifles & shotguns, I tried to keep up with the big boys with pistols in a local indoor range.

This weekend, with the proper targets:
S&W 41 with Remy/Eley -- 81 slow, 85 timed, 79 rapid -- 245 total

Timed & rapid