SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What defines a " Tuxedo Gun" ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What defines a " Tuxedo Gun" ? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
That Beretta might be a bit thick.
Still have to vote for the PPK...

Funny! And good photo except that’s a PPK/S rather than a PPK.

I have an Interarms Walther .380 PPK/S and a SIG P238. I like the P238 much better.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8838 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
PPK

Posts: 3491 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I would also include No Polymer. A possible addition would be a Kimber Micro 9:

Posts: 4125 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Lovely, DanH. I love my P365 but I don't see my Micro 9 going away. My most fondleable pistol and the most elegant.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8306 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Imperceptibly concealable & reliable. My Kahr P380 or Glock 42 fits the description..

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I thought it was obvious the pistol Bond, James Bond ... should have carried:

+1 on Sig P230SL

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Europe a Walther PP series the USA a Colt 32/380

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
An alternate to the PPK as a Tuxedo gun would be a Colt 1903. A very slim unit that wouldn't print.

This right here. Slim, svelte.

Posts: 17045 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
That Beretta might be a bit thick.
Still have to vote for the PPK...

This man's done his homework. He HAS to be right!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Depends, if you own a tux then;

PPK
Sig P238 or,
Sig P938, depending on Tux Size
Colt 1903
Sig P230

Rent-a-Tux

KelTec P32
KelTec P380

John Phillips Suit

HK P7

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7628 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Off-topic commentary below.

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

PPK
Sig P238 or,
Colt 1903
Sig P230

Rent-a-Tux

KelTec P32
KelTec P380

John Phillips Suit

HK P7

Of course me being the uncultured heathen that I proudly am, had to look up who--besides the very dead Mamas & the Papas leader--John Phillips is.

(upon seeing Google results)

Oh...and here I thought skinny jeans took the dork look to excess. Guys (well, I think they're guys) pay five figures for that sort of stick-man clown suit high waters schlock? Women have zero grounds for complaining about the fashion industry overrepresenting skinny chicks in their adverts; stick figured MEN are at least equally overindulged upon in Savile Row advertising images.

I'm frickin' glad I'm so effin hick.

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I would say on looks and size, a Boberg (Bond Arms) XR-9S ought to be eligible.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:

quote:

PPK
Sig P238 or,
Colt 1903
Sig P230

Rent-a-Tux

KelTec P32
KelTec P380

John Phillips Suit

HK P7

Of course me being the uncultured heathen that I proudly am, had to look up who--besides the very dead Mamas & the Papas leader--John Phillips is.

Oh...and here I thought skinny jeans took the dork look to excess. Guys (well, I think they're guys) pay five figures for that sort of stick-man clown suit high waters schlock? Women have zero grounds for complaining about the fashion industry overrepresenting skinny chicks in their adverts; stick figured MEN are at least equally overindulged upon in Savile Row advertising images.

Die Hard. Hans.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

I have an Interarms Walther .380 PPK/S and a SIG P238. I like the P238 much better.

Look close, PPK/S is used in Bond Movies. To extension Walther PP in Dr. No, though still just called PPK in that one. Books are a different story.

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OddyseusDSM:
quote:

Look close, PPK/S is used in Bond Movies. To extension Walther PP in Dr. No, though still just called PPK in that one. Books are a different story.

A PPK in 7.65mm/.32ACP from Dr No to Tommorrow Never Dies (minus the poor attempt at getting a Walther P5 in Bond's hands in Octopussy). From Skyfall on it is a PPK/s in 9mm Kurtz. As a Anna... wait, like the guy on my mug that can't spell, I do my homework.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by OddyseusDSM:
quote:

A PPK in 7.65mm/.32ACP from Dr No to Tommorrow Never Dies (minus the poor attempt at getting a Walther P5 in Bond's hands in Octopussy). From Skyfall on it is a PPK/s in 9mm Kurtz. As a Anna... wait, like the guy on my mug that can't spell, I do my homework.

Pardon my mistake

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle...er-pp-gun-dr-no-sale

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I missed that it was A PP in Dr. No. I tend to focus on the PP becoming a suppressed FN M1910 for a scene. And FN is clearly visible on the grips.

PP in Dr. No, and a PPK in From Russia With Love on...

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:

quote:

John Phillips Suit

HK P7

Die Hard. Hans.

He owns 2 himself. Word has it, Arafat get his there...

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
How about a current Beretta Tomcat Covert .32 ACP with a threaded barrel? Smile

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post