SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What defines a " Tuxedo Gun" ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What defines a " Tuxedo Gun" ? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Is a CZ 97BD with Cajun Gun Works mods too large?

Even if in a nicely made OWB sharkskin holster?

(Asking for a friend)

If so, could it still be a BBQ gun?

(Friend called back later)

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I think we need pictures of that fine piece of hardware and gunleather to be able to provide an informed answer....just sayin' Wink.

Posts: 8392 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
IMHO, any gun that a certain secret agent would be able to discretely carry when sipping Martini's after infiltrating a villian's posh extravaganza. And it should have either a design provenance like Walther PPK or be a top shelf item like an H&K P7M8.

A BBQ gun is an open carry gun that you want all to see what you have, both in gun and holster.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Only Tuxedo gun I know of is the Walther PPK.

discreet, smooth, effective, classy

I don't consider a P230/232 to be a Tux gun, although a friend of mine disagrees.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
An alternate to the PPK as a Tuxedo gun would be a Colt 1903. A very slim unit that wouldn't print.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1523 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Walther PPK.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
There have been many tuxedo guns in a certain movie series.

But, the bewildering array of websites on the subject makes it impractical to list them all here.

IF you can wear a tuxedo, you should be able to carry a very expensive slim pistol. In a Berns-Martin holster.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seecamp .380?

Posts: 164 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
In SIG Sauer it would be the P230
Blued or stainless
Not a P232 Big Grin

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
anything that conceals underneath a cummerbund

Posts: 818 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A mere Walther? Pfft, if you're a Brit maybe. Otherwise perish the thought. Anyone else: HK P7.

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pardon no photos.

Browning .25 ?
Beretta Jetfire
Walther TPH
Seecamp
Colt 1903 (or Browning 1910)
Walther PPK
Sig 230
Mauser HSC?
Kahr K9
HK P7
As much as I love them, PCR or CZ ProTek, of course fitted with Loks, or Sig P210c, or even Luger, is the start of too big. Others may disagree.

JMHO

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Pardon no photos.

Browning .25 ?
Beretta Jetfire
Walther TPH
Seecamp
Colt 1903 (or Browning 1910)
Walther PPK
Sig 230
Mauser HSC?
Kahr K9
HK P7
As much as I love them, PCR or CZ ProTek, of course fitted with Loks, or Sig P210c, or even Luger, is the start of too big. Others may disagree.

JMHO

I may have been too limiting in the upper range. Just not double stacks. Probably the list should
also include
Sig P210c
Walther P5, P5c
Luger
S&W 39 (and variants)?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I thought it was obvious the pistol Bond, James Bond ... should have carried:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
How about one of these?

Posts: 8392 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
That Beretta might be a bit thick.
Still have to vote for the PPK...

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Clearly, only a Colt Pocket Auto 1903/08 and the Sig P230 have the right lines.

I have carried my Rohrbaugh in a tuxedo, and had a white, minimalist, shoulder holster for it, but the Colt is actually elegant enough for it.

Damn shame no one makes beautiful handguns anymore.

Posts: 5705 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 42 | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Is a CZ 97BD with Cajun Gun Works mods too large?

Even if in a nicely made OWB sharkskin holster.

Definitely too large.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

If so, could it still be a BBQ gun?

If it's one of the ones with the glossy blued finish, I guess it could be a poor man's BBQ gun. Don't try to slum it with the polycoat, though.

Posts: 222 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kahr MK series?

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post