SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thanks to my friend David Lee scouring the internet on his spare time, this no rail no tail all stainless German P226 SL is now home.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to my friend David Lee scouring the internet on his spare time, this no rail no tail all stainless German P226 SL is now home. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Dmng, that’s pretty.

My black P226 no rail, no tail, stainless slide, frame made in Germany .40 is more than a little jealous. Mine has quite a bit of wear (got it well-used) and it’s only part German.

Real nice find.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, brings a tear to my eye!

Posts: 829 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q - No need to do a weight comparsion. Thanks for that offer.

One last question if you know.

Do you know if there is anyone (CCR for example) who will take my current P226-SSS and Ilaflon coat it and if so do you think it would last. Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Thanks Q - No need to do a weight comparsion. Thanks for that offer.

One last question if you know.

Do you know if there is anyone (CCR for example) who will take my current P226-SSS and Ilaflon coat it and if so do you think it would last. Mark

I don't think you will be able to find any US companies who will/can actually do Ilaflon coating. It has to do with some EPA regulations, I read. Stuff that are Ilaflon coated are already done oversea and then imported.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Ilaflon one is 0.8 oz more than the natural stainless one (40.8 oz vs 40 oz), probably because of the aluminum grips it's currently sporting.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12131 only you can do what you do... Smile

That's another Afton Arms (228 stainless frame), were those all (three featured on this thread) that Jamie brought in or were there more...hard to remember.

Just curious the 226 SL has the dimple on the frame just as the older 226 ST & Sport (Stock) used to have, wonder if Germany had some of those older frames left to use on the SL. Think they added the "made in Germany" stamp, don't recall seeing those on the older versions.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
These are the choices we had in September 2011.

P228 Stainless Frame/Carbon Slide
P226SL SilverStainless
P226SL Black
P220X5 Competition, Rail/Tail Less
P226X5 Tactical Short, 4.4” 15MM Bull Barrel, Trijicon NS

Posts: 3241 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think you will be able to find any US companies who will/can actually do Ilaflon coating. It has to do with some EPA regulations, I read. Stuff that are Ilaflon coated are already done oversea and then imported.

Q

As usual Q is correct I do not believe that Ilaflon can be legally be offered in the US

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
One day I'll have one of these!
Love my p220st, but like the handling of the 226 better and could never stand the rails on Sigs.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7180 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Aluminum grips on. Cool

Q

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Very nice find.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Q, very nice pistols indeed. Great pictures!
I still think you should publish a P228 book. Smile

Posts: 1576 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
These are the choices we had in September 2011.

P228 Stainless Frame/Carbon Slide
P226SL SilverStainless
P226SL Black
P220X5 Competition, Rail/Tail Less
P226X5 Tactical Short, 4.4” 15MM Bull Barrel, Trijicon NS

Thanks Muddflap, well three of the five are featured on this thread already thanks to Q, not sure if any members bought all five guns.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Q- Is this pistol all stainless with the Ilaflon finish.? Was wondering if this pistol is comparable in overall weight to the natural all stainless pistol....If so I am gonna have to start saving up to buy one of these....Thanks Mark

Yes, Ilaflon coeated all stainless. I'll get you the weight comparison later. Can't imagine any difference between the two.

quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
How does ilaflon compare to nitron in terms of color and texture? I’ve never seen ilaflon in person

The Ilaflon has that very smooth and slightly darker look. Almost like the original K-Kote many years ago.

Here is another example, the stainless frame P228 with the Ilafon coated slide.

No longer own these B&W X6s, but they are also Ilaflon coated stainless guns.

i wasn't aware that b&w's were ilaflon coated, thanks for the tip q!!

Posts: 2218 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post