SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Current Sig 226 Magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Current Sig 226 Magazines Login/Join 
posted
Who is currently making Sig 226 Magazines?
Floor plate looks different and has patent number.

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Mine on the new X5 have MecGar Made in Italy stamped on them.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about mags for Legion and Elite 9mm 226?

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Both Mec-Gar and Checkmate.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the price, it is hard to beat Mec-Gar mags.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that the 226 mags that are wrapped in plastic bag in the packaging have been Mec Gars and the ones that are not in a plastic bag have been checkmate. YMMV

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for info.

Newest Sig 229 9mm E2 mags do not have any indication. White Sig Box. They are wrapped.

Normally buy MecGar 229 and 226.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ihbwotrr:
Thanks for info.

Newest Sig 229 9mm E2 mags do not have any indication. White Sig Box. They are wrapped.

Here is how to tell.

Different fonts

Different bases, plus the "MADE IN ITALY" roll mark

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!