SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 Frame Markings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Frame Markings Login/Join 
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted
Brain trust: Help save me from my Sig OCD?

I purchased a .40 P239 with a "SA4" serial number. Serial number is on the right side of the frame, left side of the slide is marked with "Exeter, NH" markings.

No other markings on the frame, though. No "Made in Germany," no "Sig Sauer." Just the serial number.

I've owned two P239s before, and handled probably 40 more (.357SIG and .40, both German- and NH-marked frames) as an agency armorer, but can't ever recall seeing a frame with NOTHING beyond the serial.

Normal/Usual/Other?

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My SA4 92 XXX has (triskelion) Sigarms Inc, Exeter-NH over Frame made in Germany on right side of frame. Nothing on right side of slide. Left side of slide says, Sigarms Inc over Exeter-NH-USA.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'll try to round up and look at all 8 of mine (6 in 357sig) either later today or tomorrow.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. The lack of other markings doesn't bother me, but I'm curious, and when that happens, I head down the rabbit hole.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well I check all of them and made extensive notes...

Three of them only have the serial number on the frame... nothing else and they all are a SA4 #.

All eight have Sig Sauer P239 on the front left of the slide... but then they run the gauntlet of what follows. Two other SA4s have on that right side of the frame "Frame made in Germany"

while doing this I realized what was really amazing... none of them have "read instructions before use... firearms are dangerous... and all those other lawyer induced wording on them....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Many thanks. Common wisdom says that the SA numbers were all German-made, but I'm surprised by the variation even among those.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I actually thank you for your post because it made me take the time to look at all of them and do a better job of cataloging...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
Here's my German made, German proofed P239.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post