SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What we shoot, what we actually carry, and what gun do we talk about...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What we shoot, what we actually carry, and what gun do we talk about... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
OK...so years ago I heard someone say about gun "experts"... It was gun experts talk all about the 1911, but really shoot the Glock, and carry a J Frame....

It's been many years since I heard that...but it's still kind of a true when I see some of my "gun guy" friends...

So today, for me..

Gun I talk about: 1911's and custom Beretta's...
Gun I shoot: Glocks
Gun I carry...Glock 43/43X

What're your three?

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For all three:

Sig P22x’s, Beretta 92’s, and Beretta PX4’s

Posts: 353 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Gun I talk about: Glock 19
Gun I shoot: Glock 19
Gun I carry: Glock 19

After using/carrying the Shadow Systems MR918 for the last couple of years, I am back to the Glock 19; albeit a Wilson Combat Vickers Glock 19. Really, the 19 has been my "go to" gun since I switched over to it in 2005 (except for a short time when I experimented with the Walther PPS M2 & Glock 43 in 2016 & 2017).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Talk: Staccato
Shoot: Staccato
Carry: Glock G43

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16708 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bcjwriter, you're onto something.

Years ago, I had an email exchange with American Handgunner editor Roy Huntington. Super good guy. I asked him why Handgunner ran a 5 page article on LAPD SIS going to Kimber 1911s, but later didn't devote hardly a page to LAPD SIS dumping the Kimbers in favor of the Glock 30S. He admitted that Glocks weren't as interesting because 1911s were more customizable and visually appealing.

Later, American Handgunner ran an article about what pistols the Handgunner staff carried. I was shocked by how many of them carried Glocks. Almost all of them.

American Handgunner's message was pretty simple: We talk about 1911s and revolvers, but we carry Glocks. I completely understand.

Guns I talk about: Hammer-fired Sig P-Series & Berettas.
Guns I shoot: Same as above.
Guns I carry: Glock 19; Glock 26; Glock 43X; M&P Shield .45; SA Hellcat.

Lesson? Pounds equal pain when it comes to carrying.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
G20
G20, G26, P228
G26

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
For me years ago when I worked in my friends gun store/range it would be,

Gun I shoot Sig P229 in 9mm
Gun I talked about Sig P229 in 9mm
The gun I carried Sig P 229C yes C in 9mm

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P320 for all 3

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
These days I mostly talk about 1911's and 2011's, I mostly shoot 1911's and 2011's, and I almost always carry a 1911.

Exceptions to the above: The home defense pistol is a P320F in .45 ACP, acquired pre-1911s. On those lighter days I carry my Ruger LCP in .380 ACP, and sometimes carry my Sig P239 SAS in .40 S&W just because. They all see range time, as do my revolvers, but not as much as the 1911s and my one (so far?) 2011.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot: Glock (all 9mm models), Staccato (P and C2) and Walther (Q5SF)
Talk: Glock and Staccato
Carry: Glock (34, 19, 43X), Staccato (C2), and S&W 642

I adore the Q5SF. Massively underappreciated gun.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Shoot:1911/2011
Talk:1911
Carry:1911

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11288 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Talk: Sig, Beretta, Glock
Shoot: Mainly Glock
Carry: S&W M&P 2.0

Posts: 10757 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk: revolvers, classic SIGs
Shoot: P320, P365, Ruger Service 6, AR15
Cary: P320, 365

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Complicated (sort of)

I talk about a lot of guns. I am not a rabid fanboy of a single specific brand.

Right now, I’m shooting a mix of Glocks, SIGS, M&Ps and Stacattos for a work project.

Most of the time I carry a Glock 19, or if I wear a gun belt, a 17.

Glock 19/RMR06/ Streamlight 7A/ TTI magwell
Glock 17/RMR06/ Surefire x300/ TTI magwell

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk about guns I wa t but can't afford. High end 1911s, p210s, p7s... the list is too long to name.
Guns I shoot G19, g34
Guns I carry, g19, g34

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I shoot Staccatos almost exclusively these days.

I carry Staccatos almost exclusively as well. The C2 goes with me most times, although I do sometimes throw a G42 in my pocket if I'm going on a walk to the convenience store, etc.

I don't know if there are guns I talk about more often than others. Generally, if I'm talking guns, I'm talking about whatever is pertinent to the moment or the company I'm with. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say I probably talk about ARs more than anything else.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
bcjwriter, you're onto something.

Years ago, I had an email exchange with American Handgunner editor Roy Huntington. Super good guy. I asked him why Handgunner ran a 5 page article on LAPD SIS going to Kimber 1911s, but later didn't devote hardly a page to LAPD SIS dumping the Kimbers in favor of the Glock 30S. He admitted that Glocks weren't as interesting because 1911s were more customizable and visually appealing.

Later, American Handgunner ran an article about what pistols the Handgunner staff carried. I was shocked by how many of them carried Glocks. Almost all of them.

American Handgunner's message was pretty simple: We talk about 1911s and revolvers, but we carry Glocks. I completely understand.

Guns I talk about: Hammer-fired Sig P-Series & Berettas.
Guns I shoot: Same as above.
Guns I carry: Glock 19; Glock 26; Glock 43X; M&P Shield .45; SA Hellcat.

Lesson? Pounds equal pain when it comes to carrying.

I got a chance to write a review of the 30S - it was a great pistol.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

bcjwriter, how was the recoil?

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk: 1911s
Shoot: Sig 320s
Carry: CZ P-07

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:

bcjwriter, how was the recoil?

It wasn't bad. Better than the Glock 36, but a little snappier than the standard Glock 30. It was however, so much easier to carry/conceal. It did have the same problem most Glock 30's have...magazine floor plate pinch. If Glock could ever figure out how to fix that flaw the G 30 would be one of my favorites...