SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fully Ambidextrous Pistols
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fully Ambidextrous Pistols Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
So who makes a FULLY Ambidextrous pistol? I'm not talking being able to switch controls, but a truly fully ambidextrous pistol. Having something that is a soft shooter too would be preferred due to a medical issue.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3635 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
HK P2000, P30, and HK45 series are / can be full ambi.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
The Ruger American and the Springfield XD-M Elite are ambi guns.

https://ruger.com/products/rug...specSheets/8607.html

https://www.springfield-armory...xd-m-elite-handguns/

I haven't shot either one, so I couldn't tell you if they are soft shooters. My XD9 Sub Compact is very easy on the hands, but it's not completely ambi.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1906 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
FN 509. Really a soft shooter.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
FN 509. Really a soft shooter.

They done being all bendy? Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
CZ82. Shoots a 9mm Makarov. Hotter than a .380 but weaker than a 9MM. CZ83 shoots a .380.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assume you are just talking about the combat controls being ambi and not the takedown and such.
Glock gen 5
M&P 2.0
You can make a 1911 kinda ambi
HK P7 series

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
CZ85 or CZ85 Combat. All steel, so a soft shooter in 9mm. Fully ambi.

I'm never getting rid of mine.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I assume you are just talking about the combat controls being ambi and not the takedown and such.

That is correct.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3635 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Glock gen 5
M&P 2.0
You can make a 1911 kinda ambi
HK P7 series

None of the pistols you mention meet the criteria he specified.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a lefty here we go:

Walther PPQ M1 (not M2)
HK VP9 (not -B)
HK P30, HK45

These all have ambi slide stops, safeties (if present), and mag releases (paddle style).

Glock Gen 5 and Sig P320 have ambi slide stops, but switchable mag buttons.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK USP Expert, Elite.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
FNX-45

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's not ambidextrous about the P7? The cocking lever is also the slide stop/release. The magazine release is either a lever on either side or a butt/heel. Of course, it hasn't been made for years, is expensive when you do find one, and magazine prices are out of sight, so there's that.

Posts: 27992 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
IWI Masada

Early production CZ P-10C was fully ambi, but I believe after a year or so, CZ went to reversible mag catch buttons.

Zastava CZ99/EZ9 - what some like to call the Serbian Sig

Arex REX Zero 1 has ambi safety/slide lock lever and mag catch button but decocker only on left side.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: iron chef,

Posts: 3189 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

What's not ambidextrous about the P7? The cocking lever is also the slide stop/release. The magazine release is either a lever on either side or a butt/heel. Of course, it hasn't been made for years, is expensive when you do find one, and magazine prices are out of sight, so there's that.
I was just about to ask the same question, then I looked at mine to see if there are any controls on one side or the other. The only one that I found is the slide lock. Yes, as egregore said, the cocking lever will release the slide, but if you want to lock the slide back manually, as opposed to the slide locking with an empty magazine, the little latch thingy that you have to depress is on the left side.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30719 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You guys nailed it. The P7 does not have a ambi slide lock. The Glock nor M&P has an ambi mag release. The OP stated “I’m not talking about being able to switch controls”.

None of the guns on the list I quoted fit the OP’s request.

www.opspectraining.com

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The P7 does not have a ambi slide lock.

Posts: 27992 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
FNX-9
FNS-9
FN 509
IWI Masada
SA XD-M Elite
Ruger American
Taurus 24/7 G2
HK P30
HK VP9
Walther PPQ

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Walther P88 full size

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 958 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post