SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket Carry 9mm
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket Carry 9mm Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Thinking of adding a small, flat, light 9mm to pocket carry in rotation with my KT P-32 .32 ACP

The Ruger LC-9 stands out to me, any others that can be recommended?

I had a KT PF-9 for a short time, did not like it
The Glock 43 sounds great, but I do not want to pocket carry a Glock. I'm all about DAO for pocket carry.

What about a 9mm Ruger LCR? I'd like to stay with 9mm as I've standardized on 9mm and .32 ACP and don't want to have to buy .380 or .38 ammo

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at Kahr.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, Ruger discontinued the original hammer fired DAO LC9, in favor of the striker fired LC9S. However if you surf the used market I'm sure you could find and original LC9.

However an LC9S with a safety might do the job with an adequate (meaning higher than Glock) safety factor.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Thinking of adding a small, flat, light 9mm to pocket carry in rotation with my KT P-32 .32 ACP

The Ruger LC-9 stands out to me, any others that can be recommended?

I had a KT PF-9 for a short time, did not like it
The Glock 43 sounds great, but I do not want to pocket carry a Glock. I'm all about DAO for pocket carry.

What about a 9mm Ruger LCR? I'd like to stay with 9mm as I've standardized on 9mm and .32 ACP and don't want to have to buy .380 or .38 ammo

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry my original LC9 as I prefer the long double action pull for that method of carry.
It did take me a few range sessions to get used to the trigger.
I didn't care for it at first but after I got used to it, it wasn't so bad.
So far it has been 100% reliable.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I will second the Kahr suggestion. I bought a CM9 last year and I find it to be fantastic for pocket carry. I use a Mika holster. They are much flatter that the Desantis types.

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuck5:
I will second the Kahr suggestion. I bought a CM9 last year and I find it to be fantastic for pocket carry...

Yep. CM9 or it's more expensive almost twin brother the PM9.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I have too many other things in my pockets to fit my lc9/lc9s. Otoh, probably have half a dozen different holsters iwb and owb including a Galco classic lite. I wonder how that Urban carry 2 thingy would work in a vehicle vs. Appendix carry.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Kahr CM9 in Mika Pocket Holster.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry a Ruger LCPs Pro. I shoots nice, but it bites my trigger finger giving a blood bluster after 50 rounds.

I will also start pocket carrying a Boberg XR9s. The Boberg is smaller and has a longer barrel.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 I think makes a nice pocket gun, I can’t fit something as large as the lc9 in my pocket, a Kahr pm or cm9 is also another good option.

You could also gamble on the very new sig p365, smaller and holds 10 +1

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Have had a Kahr PM9 in my front pocket for over ten years, I love her, a lot. It sits in a Desantis super fly. Wife has a CM9 and a S&W Shield, like them as well

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Rohrbaugh R9S Stealth in my pocket. IMO best you can get for your pocket. Too bad they are no longer available.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kahr CM9

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Kahr PM9 - although I'll have to check out the new Sig 365 when they're finally delivered to the LGS. They are, reportedly a bit shorter front to back than the PM9 - so, we'll see.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear people say they pocket carry a G26, and can't understand how. I tried it with mine once, and it felt ridiculous. I had a CM9 and a Recluse one-sided pocket holster, and it felt (and looked) like a small brick in my pocket, at 5' 10" & 200#. Besides which, after a flawless break-in period, the plastic frame rails started to shave from the slide, demolishing my confidence in the Moonie-Gun. For pocket carry, I acquiesced to an LCP, in spite of my hopes to stay with 9mm. I guess it all depends on how discrete you need to be in your situations.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
CM9

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I have a sig 938 and 238. My carry preference is the 238 with some quality defense ammo.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I love my Kimber Micro 9.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8336 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
P938 daily for me. Been tempted more than once for a Kimber Solo.

Looking forward to a P365

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10936 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Sorry but I’d never carry a single action cocked and locked type gun like a P938 in my pocket in a million years. No way, no how.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post