SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320/365: curved vs straight trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320/365: curved vs straight trigger Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted
I recently acquired a P365XL, which comes OEM w/ a straight & flat-faced trigger shoe. I also own a P365, which as most of us know, comes w/ a curved & radiused trigger shoe.

For those who own both, do you have any trouble transitioning back & forth between the different trigger types? Did you choose one type and install it in all of your 365s for consistency?

I seem to be in the minority in that I don't shoot the straight trigger as well as the curved one, so I'm debating whether to install a curved trigger in my XL or put in more training time for the straight trigger.

This question applies to members who own multiple P320s too, since some models come w/ curved, and others come w/ straight trigger shoes.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problems here with transitioning. However, I do prefer the flat trigger and wish I could get one for other pistols I own. After years of only having curved triggers on guns, the flat trigger just seems more natural for me. Maybe it's the wider face of the trigger which helps for me.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Straight trigger for me. I installed them in my P365 and earlier in the Classic line guns I shot regularly. My P320s have them as well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I prefer the straight tiggers of my P320X Compact and P365X. I went the other direction and installed a flat trigger in my P320-M17 so they would all be the same shape.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eagle1
posted Hide Post
I have just got into this 365 arena and do have a 365XL, 365X and a 365NRA model. I have only had them to the range one time, but I seem to favor the curved trigger for aimed bullseye shooting on the NRA 365, but when I was rapid firing from the holster, it appeared that the 365XL was better for me. Dont know if that has something to do with the longer slide, less felt muzzle flip so I am also keeping track of which model 365 will work for me overall. I will follow up on this post when I hit the range again as I know what I will want to try regarding the actual feel of each trigger as I have a 365X now which is the same slide size as a curved trigger 365 NRA model but it has the flat trigger in it.

---------------------------------------------------
In God we trust, all others are checked through NCIC.

Certified OPOTA Firearms Instructor, Taser Instructor and Glock Armorer!

Posts: 1734 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
I had a P320 Carry with the flat trigger. Improved my shooting accuracy enough so that I added the straight trigger to my P365 and ordered one for my P229. The P229 replaced the P320 Carry.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have straight triggers on all my P365's and P320', with two exceptions. One is the apex trigger in a P3250 compact; it's a hybrid sort of trigger that's not really curved, and not really flat. Sort of bent.

The other that I have is the Grayguns composite trigger, which also wasn't really curved much, but not flat. I'd have preferred the flat trigger, but this is what came with their competition kit when they released it, so that's what I bought. They've since added a flat trigger kit.

I prefer the flat triggers.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I am a fan of the 1911 and its trigger, I put flat triggers on my 320s. They just feel right to me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
I have a flat trigger to try on my P365 Micro but I’ve been too lazy to try it out because it’s such a PIA to install, especially since if I don’t like it I have to do it all over again to uninstall.

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’m in the minority. I hate the flat face.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rmfnla:
I have a flat trigger to try on my P365 Micro but I’ve been too lazy to try it out because it’s such a PIA to install, especially since if I don’t like it I have to do it all over again to uninstall.

The trigger in the P320 and P365 is essentially a drop-in part that takes almost no time at all. The P365 and P320 are some of the easiest firearms to work on due to their design.

Aren't you a "really good" gunsmith?

What is a "P365 micro?"

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot either. It's just overthinking if I try to choose one over the other.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've shot them both. Flat trigger doesn't do anything for me. I can shoot them fine, but prefer the feel of the traditional curved trigger.

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by rmfnla:

The trigger in the P320 and P365 is essentially a drop-in part that takes almost no time at all. The P365 and P320 are some of the easiest firearms to work on due to their design.

Aren't you a "really good" gunsmith?

What is a "P365 micro?"

I didn’t say I can’t do it, I said I was being lazy.

The full name of the original P365 is “Sig Sauer P365 Nitron Micro-Compact Semi-Auto Pistol“:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/e...act-semi-auto-pistol

Got any other pot-shots to take..?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I’m in the minority. I hate the flat face.

I only like them on 1911 due to trigger's design.

With pivoting triggers I never found one that I either cared for or that gave any better results. Had two different kinds on my Glocks and one that came with the 365XL. All gone now.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I don't shoot flat triggers as well as curved and recently acquired a P365XL. I was hoping to get more time with the P365XL during training, but I think I'll end up getting a curved to make it like most my other handguns. Going from DA/SA to striker is enough of a transition. Maybe a A Black Friday sale is in our future...

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Put me in the camp of shooting flat triggers better than curved triggers. Specifically, I prefer the GGI trigger with the over-travel adjustment. For me, it is the most efficient repeatable way for me to operate the p320/p365 triggers fast and accurately.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cokehockey:
I'm in the same boat as you. I don't shoot flat triggers as well as curved and recently acquired a P365XL. I was hoping to get more time with the P365XL during training, but I think I'll end up getting a curved to make it like most my other handguns. Going from DA/SA to striker is enough of a transition. Maybe a A Black Friday sale is in our future...

The good news is there are plenty of used curved triggers out there since so many people are switching to the flat ones.

posted Hide Post
All my AR's have flat-faced ALG triggers but, my pistols are all standard stock curved triggers.

That said, I did shoot a friend's 320 that had a flat-faced Apex kit and had no issues while running a few drills.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't like the way the flat 365 one looks, but it works fine.

And 1911 triggers are the best triggers in the world anyway, so it seems to follow...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post