SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommendations for a 1911 Pistolsmith in Western PA?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for a 1911 Pistolsmith in Western PA? Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
Can anyone recommend a pistolsmith in the Western PA area who specializes in 1911's? Sadly, my 1911 smith John Vincent passed away in early May at the age of 68. In addition to being a 1911 master, John was a most interesting man who will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Any recommendations for an alternate 1911 smith are greatly appreciated. For those here who were lucky enough to know John, I have attached a copy of his obituary.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obit...obituary?id=51840610

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Novaks is in West Virginia so maybe that will do?

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check in with Allegheny Arms and Gun Works in Pittsburgh. Not sure how well versed they are with 1911s but they've done work on three different brands of handguns for me and did exceptional work.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post