SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Red Dot for the Sig P238
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Dot for the Sig P238 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone know of a Red Dot sight that will
Fit the Sig P238?

Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Mine came with a trigger guard laser.

I don't know of a red dot that has been scaled down enough.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF anything is narrow enough, it would be the assorted optics using the RMSc footprint. Those would include the Holosun 407k and 507k as well as the Sig Romeo Zero...

...BUT...

... I don't know of anybody who is cutting the 238 for an optic so IF the dimensions allowed it, you'd probably be paying more than the market rate to have it done.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Meprolight Micro RDS”

States it’s specifically for the Sig P238…
But I’ve done numerous searches (from YouTube to other Sig sites)…..

And no one seems to have installed it or Atleast posted about it?

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meprolight Micro RDS

Ah, yes. I've heard of the Meprolight product but not of anybody using it. It goes in a dovetail mount, which tends to place the sight higher than many shooters prefer, the mounts often are not very robust (the dovetail was not designed to hold something like that that), and holster compatibility may be an issue.

That said, not a lot of other ways to do a P238 and this ones is relatively easily reversible.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here you go. I know it says 938 and you have a 238, but I attached a link with pics of it on a 238 as well.
https://gallowayprecision.com/...g-sauer-p938-pistols

https://www.xdtalk.com/threads...ount-service.411505/

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the idea of a red-dot sight on a pocket pistol.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post