SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Recoil Reduction Spring Rod by DPM Systems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Recoil Reduction Spring Rod by DPM Systems Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have experience with this product?

Sig P365X w/ Holosun EPS CARRY MRS (Red), TP Threaded Barrel w/ Striker Micro Comp, MCARBO Short Stroke Flat Trigger, MC Titanium Performance Striker, MC Trigger Spring Kit, Night Fision Stealth Series OR Tritium Sights, NDZ Extended Mag Release, Gray Gun's Laser-Sculpted Grip Module

Posts: 50 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: April 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, but the recoil in a 365 is really nothing. Trying to reduce it even more is asking for reliability issues. People love to take things that work, Gucci them up, and they don’t work well anymore. It is a self defense gun that you want to work if you need it. It is your gun and life. If it were mine, I would leave it alone and carry it as it was designed. My 365 has many rounds through it without a single malfunction and is stock. Recoil is subjective, but if 9mm is bothering you enough to want to reduce it, you may want to look at a smaller caliber.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My P365 works 100% stock, I will keep it stock. IMHO the recoil is already mild, compared to other 9mm pistols.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No direct experience. However, over the years, I recall various posts for the device on various pistols. Consensus is it doesn't really do much. You may be able to find some info from actual users of the device that have evaluated it.

Generally, I don't like add-ons like this for SD pistols. As per the prior posts, the P365 doesn't have an unacceptable level of recoil. I don't own one, but have fired about 50 rounds through a friends P365 with factory ball ammo. If recoil management is an issue, I'd work on improving fundamentals.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are many reasons people might want to reduce recoil, from hand size to arthritis, to simply reducing muzzle rise.

There are really only a few ways to do that (if one doesn't go for a different cartridge). One is re-directing the combustion gasses with a vented barrel or compensator. Another is using a reduced recoil ammunition, which could be one of two things: a reduced load, or a different bullet weight. That's a technical discussion about chamber pressure and ballistics, but some will shoot a heavier bullet that travels more slowly (eg, a 'subsonic' load). There are advantages and drawbacks either way.

Changing the grip to be wider to spread the recoil over a larger area (webbing) of the hand will change the perception of recoil, and changing the grip to a higher one will impact the way recoil is handled or perceived, as well.

If the same cartridge and the same muzzle energy loading is going to be used (same pressure round), the impulse can be changed with a powder change, to some extent. The recoil spring can be varied to change the time of the recoil and spread it over a series of springs instead of one movement. That appears to be the intent of the DPM system. Various manufacturers do the same thing with captured springs, one inside the other, which allows the transfer of energy between springs and different points in the recoil process, or simply divides the amount of energy absorbed by each spring.

I haven't tried the DPM system. It's very possible that it works fine. Most here are familiar with numerous alterations to various Sig (and other) pistols which improve their performance in one aspect or another, and some here make a living doing those changes, so it's not unreasonable that someone has a better mousetrap. Try one, and see.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one, tried it on my standard P365 and on my ported P365 SAS.
I noticed NO difference in recoil...but it was harder to rack the slide, lol.
Don't waste your money.

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. Ordered before I posted so I'm gonna try it.

Sig P365X w/ Holosun EPS CARRY MRS (Red), TP Threaded Barrel w/ Striker Micro Comp, MCARBO Short Stroke Flat Trigger, MC Titanium Performance Striker, MC Trigger Spring Kit, Night Fision Stealth Series OR Tritium Sights, NDZ Extended Mag Release, Gray Gun's Laser-Sculpted Grip Module

Posts: 50 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: April 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fhartell:
Thanks for the input. Ordered before I posted so I'm gonna try it.

Good, it can't hurt! Please keep us posted, as I'm sure that some of us are interested in other opinions on this.

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post