SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thunderstruck 22 mag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thunderstruck 22 mag Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
Saw an ad from Tanners selling these. Double action revolver that shoots 2 .22 mags with each pull of the trigger. Holds 8 rounds, so four double shots...

Not sure what I think. I'd have to see how small it is. Seems like you'd be just as well off with a .357 revolver if the sizes are anywhere near the same.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
No trigger guard. Long trigger pull, long reset.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/di...-s333-thunderstruck/

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
What a turd.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goofy. $369? S&W Shields are almost half that. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Your not gonna EVER hear me say this again........

I’d rather have a Taurus Judge with buckshot then this. Jesus I feel dirty.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Maybe it would be interesting with a normal trigger and trigger guard, but like that - no way.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Your not gonna EVER hear me say this again........

I’d rather have a Taurus Judge with buckshot then this. Jesus I feel dirty.

As you should. There was a joke, like 45 or so years ago, where a guy said "suck one dick and you're a cocksucker for life".

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"A fool and his money...."

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Yeah - not sure how they think leaving off a traditional trigger guard is a good thing.

Also not sure what that lower piece of trigger is for ? Pull trigger with two fingers ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll admit it. I got mine in September, with a holster, tee shirt and hat. I really like odd guns, and this one meets that criteria. It's about the size of a j-frame, but a little heavier than an all steel one. Don't worry about the trigger guard, it really does take two fingers to pull the trigger, it runs around 20 pounds. It's the heaviest trigger I've used since my old Hi-Standard 22 magnum in the 70's. I would have posted about it a while back, but you can understand my reluctance.

I've put about 200 rounds thru it. After the first box, I began using a shooting glove. The recoil is about like a light 44 magnum load.

It's relatively accurate out to about ten yards. I am able to keep both barrels on a 4 inch dot from that range. After that, the right barrel puts them out to the right. (I tested it with empties, firing one barrel at a time, to figure this one out.)

All I used in it was Hornady Critical Defense rounds, as I came across a quantity cheaply recently in a trade.

Any gun beats no gun, and two rounds beats one, and it did not misfire our jam, BUT I wouldn't carry it save as a last resort. I do sometimes carry a S&W 22 magnum j-frame, usually as a backup, and for when Arthur flares up.

It is very well made, as have all Standard Mfg guns I've seen. Much like the rainbow plated guns and my Bond Arms bullpen, it's a novelty gun and great fun to play with.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
As you should. There was a joke, like 45 or so years ago, where a guy said "suck one dick and you're a cocksucker for life".

I know, I know, I know. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
So, you do use two fingers on that trigger. Interesting. Can't say I've heard of or seen another gun like that.

------------------
SBrooks

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That definitely qualifies as weird.

No thanks

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know. All guns should be black, metal, 9mm or 45, and fit for police carry. Variation will not be tolerated.

Nothing much has changed since S&W introduced the Model 39, starting the "revolver vs semi" wars.

Gun folks are SO rigid.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Rimfire need heavy spring to set them off and be reliable. Two at once, even more so. Use a small internal hammer, even more so. So I understand why you need the big two finger trigger. I'd just thought they'd have given up before they got to that point.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
After all the talk I had to see what it looked like. Here's the Manufactures video on why and how it was made and materials used.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I think there’s a pretty good chance these will end up being closed out by CDNN in a couple years.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doubtful they will be "closed out" like that. Seems like they are being built on order, that is, production is limited to pre-paid orders.