SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What’re your guns for different occasions...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’re your guns for different occasions... Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
RF target – Beretta 87 Target
CF target – 9mm SIG X5 Comp w/ Burke action job
CCW – SIG P238
HD – the same X5

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8993 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every Day Carry SIG M11-A1
BK Carry Ruger LCR .22 WMR
Travel Carry H&K P30L
Low Profile Carry CZ 83 15 round .32 ACP

Range SIG 226 MK25
Range Ruger 22/45 Lite
Walther PPQ 22 4"
Walther PPQ 22 5"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 884 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Henry Morgan
posted Hide Post
EDC Kahr PM9/seecamp 32
Home Benelli M4/P226 9mm
Car G19
Woods Gp100 .357

Posts: 63 | Location: Jensen Beach,FL | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDC: G43 or G43x
Nightstand: G19Gen4 w/TLR-1
Woods: Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt
Truck: Windham Weaponry 9mm AR “pistol” takes Glock magazines.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
EDC: S&W Shield 9mm
Woods: Ruger Vaquero .45LC, except my knees are toast so I don't get out into the woods much anymore.
Nightstand: 870 12ga or 1911 .45ACP
Truck: G-17 or Shockwave

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
EDC Gun - P365/G19/PM9/442 just depends...

Out in the woods carry - SP2340 357SIG

Nightstand Gun - M&P FS 357SIG + Mossy 590

Truck gun - SP2340 357SIG

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
225-A1

M-11-A1

Whatever gun I'm carrying, I do not leave guns in my car.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
EDC/Nightstand: Government model 1911 in either .45 ACP or 10mm OWB plus Sig P938 9mm in pocket.

Woods carry: 4" S&W 29-2 .44 magnum OWB plus Sig P938 in pocket.

Big city carry: SA XDM 10mm OWB plus Sig P938 in pocket.

Shower: Glock-on-a-rope.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
EDC -M&P Shield 9 or M&P9 compact 2.0 4 inch
Woods -No woods around here
Nightstand -M&P9 5 inch with CMR-208
BUG -M&P Bodyguard .380 with TruGlo Pro sights
Truck -S&W SD9VE with TLR-7A

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
EDC Gun -43x

Out in the woods -g20 or gp100

Nightstand gun - G17

Truck gun: g19

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7961 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
P365 for all occasions and locations.
AR15/AR10 when SHTF.

I'm a fan of your taste in pistols, but I'm curious...what's your kind of rifle? BCM? Colt? Larue?

Have others, but mainly BCM and Noveske for AR15.
And, for AR10, the SCAR 17S and POF-308.

Q

Posts: 26443 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
A lot of this depends on "Threat Level".

For normal this is what my answer would be:
EDC Gun - Walther PPK / Ruger LCR (low threat) P320 (Moderate Threat), S&W Performance Center 1911 Commander (High Threat).

Out in the woods - Ruger LCR 3" in .357 Mag with first two cylinders with Snake Shot (low threat) S&W 625 Mountain Gun in .45 ACP (Moderate threat), S&W Performance Center 1911 Commander (High Threat)

Nightstand gun - Walther M2 Match with OLight (normal to Moderate), Add my Mossberg Shockwave for (High Threat) along with AR Pistol.

Truck gun: CZ Scorpion Evo with Brace and 4 30 round magazines (Low to Moderate), AR Pistol in 5.56 for (high).

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
EDC - P320 Xcarry w/Compact Grip
Night Stand - p320 X Carry
Running/Jogging gun - Smith and Wesson 380 Bodyguard
Truck Gun - Springfield SAINT pistol

In the woods on the SxS I usually have a Henry AW .357 mag lever gun also.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I used to have an IF-THEN flow chart of pistols, carries, etc.

Now it's a G19 98% of the time. Car, truck, home, office, bedside, nightstand gun - all the same, the G19.

2% something else for the beach, the fancy party, or rare occasion like that - G43/42/LCP in those cases. And in reality it's probably more like 0.2% of the time. Handful of times a year.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
EDC: GLock 19 or Kimber Micro .380
Nightstand:Glock 19
Woods: Glock 23
Running: Kimber Micro

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started, 50+ years ago with a revolver for duty (Smith Model 19 357 as soon as I could find one in those days of unavailable Smiths) and a small revolver for off-duty and bedside, usually a Smith but a Colt sometimes intrigued me. Almost always an Airweight.

Kept carrying a little Smith for at least 40 more years, with one relatively short time of carrying a PM9, but then I found the Ruger LCR. We have three now, two of the 2 inchers and one 3 inch. Great shooters, light and reliable.

Glocks became a staple at my house around 1988, I think, as did the 45 Commander (actually the 45 was a throw-back to the time I worked painclothes). But this is Florida and I dress every day in shorts and a T shirt except for Church or some special occasion, so small and light has been the ticket.

In the few bad winter days we have, jeans and a sweat shirt with a LW Commander-sized Ruger 45 ACP in a Ritchie IWB fits that attire well. I must say I am so amazed at the Ruger 1911s, as to their reliability. I've had a stainless and now have the LW. Both are truly exceptional guns. But I am a bit older and come from the era when you bought a Colt or similar 1911 and took it to the gunsmith either before you shot it or real soon thereafter since reliability was not real high on their list.

The 43 and 42 Glocks came along and I fell in love. But then my heart was turned by the 365 Series, and I now have an XL with a Romeo Zero in a Vedder Appendix Carry, a regular 365 and a new 365 SAS I haven't got out to shoot yet.

Still have the G42, and, as someone said, I've made it into a money pit. But I think I'll keep it.

So, mostly a 365 XL in my belt and on my night stand.

Bob

Posts: 1577 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always have my G45 RMR gun within reach or on me 7x24x365. But I would never rely solely on that for anywhere that more is legal or practically possible. So I sling up or take a rifle when in the woods, I have a rifle near the nightstand and I have one in the truck. The idea of limiting myself to a pistol in circumstances where that is not a legal or practical limitation is somewhat foreign to me... In the cases I need something absolutely smaller I use a G42/43.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11011 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I pretty much use my P225A1 for everything nowadays’. It’s almost just more lazy-ness than anything.

I have a Custom CZ and a APC9 in a nice briefcase somewhere, but that’s more for the art of collecting.

I really need to get a P226 nightstand set up going. I even have an extra x300 just sitting around.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDC, that depends on where I am going.

Either a Ruger LC9S in the pocket or a 1911 in the waistband.

Woods, again a choice dependent on where I'll be wandering and my mood.

Either a 1911 in 45 ACP or a 4 inch 357 Magnum.

Nightstand, the Ruger LC9S. BTW, no need for power here, have a 12 gage 870 next to the night stand.

Truck gun. Never had a truck and never will. However I do carry some Sporting shotguns in the back of my FiST any weekend that there isn't any Beer Virus to worry about.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5660 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDC Gun - G19.5 w dot

Out in the woods carry G20

Nightstand Gun AR 15

Truck gun nope

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post