SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked Up My P365 Today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked Up My P365 Today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If you go on YouTube there are endless things to read. Comparisons between it and the Hellcat,and the G43. Lots of good info. A buddy just bought the Hellcat which he really likes. Looks like either would make a great hot weather EDC. One of the main complaints have been long term durability after many thousands of rounds. I wouldn't consider it a range gun, but something that would be shot sparingly. If I buy one it would be bought new, and probably shot only enough to make sure it works with my carry ammo, and to stay proficient.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MMSIG229:
If you go on YouTube there are endless things to read. Comparisons between it and the Hellcat,and the G43. Lots of good info. A buddy just bought the Hellcat which he really likes. Looks like either would make a great hot weather EDC. One of the main complaints have been long term durability after many thousands of rounds. I wouldn't consider it a range gun, but something that would be shot sparingly. If I buy one it would be bought new, and probably shot only enough to make sure it works with my carry ammo, and to stay proficient.

I have seen many posts of multi-thousand round guns. I have a hard time looking at a carry gun that you sparingly fire...unless you're talking about those scandium j-frames...

The more I hear, the more I believe these guns will stand up to normal use...meaning range practice.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by MMSIG229:

I have seen many posts of multi-thousand round guns. I have a hard time looking at a carry gun that you sparingly fire...unless you're talking about those scandium j-frames...

The more I hear, the more I believe these guns will stand up to normal use...meaning range practice.

I hope you're right!! It only stands to reason that the lighter the weapon, the more stress it will endure from recoil. Remember the parts breakage on the military Beretta M9's?? It was determined that super hot ammo was being used in them that wasn't necessarily manufactured for pistols. More energy = more stress to the parts. I'd conservatively say that a minute amount of any pistols are shot to the point of parts breakage. We're enthusiasts,and not really an accurate representation of a "typical" gun owner. Yes, one should practice with any firearm, especially if carried, but I ;m not sure that thousands of rounds are required.

I remember the alloy framed revolvers. Manufacturers recommended not using +P ammo in them. Were they concerned with parts breakage because of the light frames, or because of them being so uncomfortable to shoot?? I suspect parts breakage.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have resisted buying a p365 since they came out but I shot one recently and liked it so I ordered one today. Should have it in the next week or so. I also traded for 2 extra mags with a friend who sold his last year.

Posts: 34 | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daveinbucksco:
i think i would like this gun for pocket carry . I wonder how long it takes to get one now ?

Depending where you are: academy outdoor sports has a few in stock but I'm in TN.

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post