SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ...but where the heck is Lysons Corner?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

...but where the heck is Lysons Corner? Login/Join 
posted
Came across this nice JG P226. Excellent shape. But I can't find Lysons Corner, VA, anywhere...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dflqtItRrkUFPrxkNviKPcyFnmzli7nB/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SNtq2zdN1wFmInAlSn_waAxucGvUMfFE/view?usp=sharing

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a typo

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Comes up every so often.

When someone finds one, they think they have found the Sig Holy Grail.

This ain't it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarcasm was intended in my post. Guess it didn't make it through the interwebs. And no, it's not the Holy Grail but it is a nice WG gun and fun to share with those who never saw one or don't know the story.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Supposedly around 200 were made that way, with 70 making it out to the public.

No way to know if that’s true.

If you had an unfired sample it might command a much higher premium.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a fun story. Not really concerned about selling value so I think I'll just enjoy it instead. Actually, I've never seen an unfired Lysons one.

posted Hide Post
Serious SIG collectors have and will pay a large premium for one.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
That means that about 150% of them have shown up in the forum over the years.

Must be that New Math...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cbunix23:
How much ya give me for such an example?

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
That means that about 150% of them have shown up in the forum over the years.

Must be that New Math...

I think it’s more likely that several hundred are out there.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, several hundred, but just try and tell that to the True Believers.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Not that many were made. The production number back then weren't that high.

A friend who was a Sig employee has one that is in mint condition. While worth a little more than the norm, he doesn't value it in the thousands like some seem to do. Frankly the only one I'd trust to actually know the true value is George Harris who is an outstanding expert on that model.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cbunix23:

Not really. One sat on Gunbroker with zero bids.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
It's a SIG quality control issue. Big Grin

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Not that many were made. The production number back then weren't that high.

A friend who was a Sig employee has one that is in mint condition. While worth a little more than the norm, he doesn't value it in the thousands like some seem to do. Frankly the only one I'd trust to actually know the true value is George Harris who is an outstanding expert on that model.

The only people that value them in the thousands are those looking to sell them.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
The Lysons Corner SIGs, and Colt Governments marked "Commander" and vice versa, would be worth less to me. But some sellers obviously believe they've hit the mother load when pricing these mistakesWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the OP, I didn't realize this would bring out so much negativity. Quite the opposite. Just thought it would be fun to point out a nice West German P226 I got at a good price that was a little unusual and made me smile. Thought it would get a smile out of a few of you as well. (I was dead wrong there.) Never claimed anywhere it was worth any more or any less. I sure won't bring it up again on this forum. Hope everyone has a better day.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks sharp!

I'd have a hard time passing on this one also. Looks like the original grips and everything is still minty.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rogerwilco:
As the OP, I didn't realize this would bring out so much negativity. Quite the opposite. Just thought it would be fun to point out a nice West German P226 I got at a good price that was a little unusual and made me smile. Thought it would get a smile out of a few of you as well. (I was dead wrong there.) Never claimed anywhere it was worth any more or any less. I sure won't bring it up again on this forum. Hope everyone has a better day.
You, uhh, you gonna be alright, man? Sorry you didn't get the reaction you expected.

When it comes to humor, delivery is key. My advice is, don't quit your day job.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023