SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    GERMAN PPK 22 new addition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GERMAN PPK 22 new addition Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up a 1966 Walther PPK in 22.
Got to the range yesterday. First 9 rounds at 10 yards. CCI mini mags. HP.

Posts: 556 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! How reliable are these, over the spectrum of ammo? I have considered them before as a classic that would get real-world use, but was never sure about how well they function. Will they cycle federal walmart bulk pack HP? Mini-mag solids? Aguila interceptor?

Posts: 472 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never had any problems with any of the original 22s or 32s. I use a PP SPORT that is great with Remington target, and CCI. I will be trying some other ammo as time permits. CCI Mini mags is my standard go to ammo on the 22s. I gave up on the 380s as they are unpleasant and tend to jam. I have used RWS,Remington, Winchester Silver Tip in the 32s with no problem. Just keep them clean and lubricated. I had a number of problems with the US made guns.

Posts: 556 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3244 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metric:
Beautiful! How reliable are these, over the spectrum of ammo? I have considered them before as a classic that would get real-world use, but was never sure about how well they function. Will they cycle federal walmart bulk pack HP? Mini-mag solids? Aguila interceptor?

I had a PP years ago, very reliable. But I would also suggest a quality gun should get quality ammo. This American obsession with guns needing to run on the cheapest junk available perplexes me. If I get a stylish classic and it wants to run best on certain ammo, that is what I will get. I admit from my experience in precision 22 matches of being something of a 22 ammo snob, but bulk pack is something I simply won’t buy voluntarily

Posts: 3322 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! A lovely addition to a collection. 1970 just out of the Army and without much money saw one like this. Wanted it then and still would like one in 22lr.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1578 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice sir, and you did a good job taking the pitcher with your Kodak Wink. I’ve got a .32 and a couple of .380s, but I’ve never found an actual Walther (not Umarex) .22 for sale at a reasonable price. My ‘best by’ date is rapidly approaching, so I don’t think it’s going to happen Frown

Posts: 447 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish. The photo of the pistol is by the seller. I used my iphone on the target.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE Walther!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21171 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Manurhin .22 in Durgarde finish. Very reliable, and handsome!

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 695 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
My PP in .22, as pretty as they come!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1321 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love mine, not just seriously good looking, but a nice shooter.

Bill R

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
That is very nice..
I love a West German pistol..

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post