https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9790034234

October 29, 2017, 11:14 PM
Excam_Man
New Taurus Spectrum
Taurus Spectrum 380

https://www.taurusspectrum.com/

October 29, 2017, 11:36 PM
apprentice
Actually, I dig it in concept. Would like to shoot one a bit to see if it's not utterly meh.

The Taurus haters will come to sort me out soon no doubt.
October 29, 2017, 11:43 PM
Dusty78
I played with these at the NRA show and besides he dumb colors the gun seemed to be really well made. Very smooth without molding marks etc... it felt more premium then normal Taurus offerings

October 30, 2017, 12:05 AM
soggy_spinout
So I presume this is a LCP II fighter?
October 30, 2017, 12:48 AM
BuddyChryst
Is it curved?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy
October 30, 2017, 12:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Is it curved?

Ha ha ha, great minds think alike.

Q

October 30, 2017, 05:39 AM
Jelly
It does not look to bad but the 7-9 pound trigger will stop me from buying it.
October 30, 2017, 06:21 AM
bobandmikako
The video seemed to spend a lot of time on "fashion" and "looks" which is pretty stupid for a gun that's supposed to be hidden in a pocket. I doubt I'll try one since I'm set for pocket guns right now but it may not be too bad.

十人十色
October 30, 2017, 08:38 AM
soggy_spinout
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Is it curved?

Well, actually...since there's hardly a straight line on the outside of this thing, it probably could wear their 'curve' banner with family pride.

Not a bad looking gun, and Taurus of late has done a far better job in getting the build and operation quality done right. We had a batch of their guns come in when distributors were discounting like mad; frankly their semi-autos seemed pretty good and at least equal to most comparable rival guns, and subsequent feedback from our customers makes it sound like that they've finally turned the corner on QC. I'd guess that this one will do very well in the marketplace as long as it tests as reliably as the Ruger.
October 30, 2017, 08:44 AM
Kskelton
I played with these things at the shot show this year and I was actually fairly impressed with how they felt for a Taurus. Someday they might actually get released so they can be tested on how they actually perform.... we'll see I guess

As for the colors.. I'm not a huge fan of colors in my gun, but I do like the selection of different colors because a lot of people do.

www.OneStopFirearms.com
October 30, 2017, 04:07 PM
GT-40DOC
I would really like to handle one of these to see what I can see. I have zero problems with Taurus, and I own/shoot three(3) big bore revolvers and one semi in 357Sig, all made by Taurus.
October 30, 2017, 05:24 PM
Ruger Redhawk
I'm not a Taurus fan but I have to admit I would like to check one of these out. I won't give up my P 238 for a wallet gun but I'm not overly impressed with the LCP's either. The LCP II is a joke, to me it's an accident waiting to happen. I like my Custom LCP but there's still room for improvement.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***
October 30, 2017, 08:47 PM
RAEIndustries
It is a nice style but its still a taurus?

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com
October 31, 2017, 08:08 AM
sox
Should be pretty solid we'll see. My TCP years ago was great, and I am no Taurus fan really. I put 650 rounds through it without cleaning and no malfunctions. I have a little 732 TCP that I love, it goes everywhere.
October 31, 2017, 08:15 AM
parabellum
Yeah, it comes in fashion colors, and that's all you need to know.
October 31, 2017, 11:54 AM
Ruger Redhawk
quote:
Originally posted by RAEIndustries:
It is a nice style but its still a taurus?

+ 1

I bought a Taurus about 10yrs ago. Defective, it went back to Taurus and when it came back I gave it right back to my dealer and got a S&W M 637 for the wife. I haven't looked at a Taurus since.

October 31, 2017, 12:08 PM
HayesGreener
If the QC at Taurus remains true to form, the sleek lines of this thing will make a nice trolling weight, just like the others

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
October 31, 2017, 02:19 PM
H&K-Guy
Looks like a bad copy of a Vektor CP1.

H&K-Guy
October 31, 2017, 03:19 PM
Ruger Redhawk
I can feel the warm feeling for Taurus about the same as I have. Some months back I watched a program where they went through the Taurus factory in Brazil and the one in Miami. It was pretty impressive but I think there was allot of smoke blowing going on. I can't remember if it was The American Rifleman TV or which one it was. I watched it a few times then deleted it. It was worth watching.
Years ago I lived 15 minutes or so from Taurus in Miami Lakes.

October 31, 2017, 06:04 PM
egregore
I like the general concept, i.e., its streamlined and snag-free appearance, something I consider vital in a pocket/BUG gun, but ... it's a Taurus. Perhaps it is unfair of me, after all it was 20 years ago, but a Taurus I had was the worst piece of shit ever, and it has left a permanent bad taste. But then, I've had major functioning and breakage problems with now two Ruger LCPs.