SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P-225 Green Box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P-225 Green Box Login/Join 
posted
Last evening on Ebay a Sig P-225 green box auction ended being sold for $152 and change $10 shipping plus tax. Box included the manual test target and hangtag, all in great shape. Seen boxes for vintage Colt and S&W sell for similar prices. Maybe the serial numbered box matched the high bidders P-225 or have the older Sig cardboard boxes got that valuable?

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kobren:
Maybe the serial numbered box matched the high bidders P-225...
Almost certainly not.
quote:
...or have the older Sig cardboard boxes got that valuable?
A single auction tells you little, but all older SIG stuff has appreciated in value.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guns last longer than the boxes. I collect Police badges. Some old patches are worth more than badges. Patches fell apart and, got tossed.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
The guns last longer than the boxes. I collect Police badges. Some old patches are worth more than badges. Patches fell apart and, got tossed.

This makes sense.

And I understand what Para is saying about just one auction. But still, we can infer from the final auction price that at least one person was willing to pay $152 plus tax and shipping for the box and another was willing to pay $150.

I understand that the boxes may be relatively rare compared to the pistols. But rare doesn't need to equate to high value. Value, of course can be highly subjective. But it's still just a box that was used to ship a pistol.

Any how, that's just me. If the new owner is happy with their purchase then I'm happy for them.

Posts: 6627 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hell, man, these days 152 bucks is a trip to the grocery store. A week from now, those vittles would be gone, but that box would still be around.

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I definitely checked my serial numbers for the ones I don't have a box for when I saw that listing.

Had I had that specific firearm (highly unlikely I know). 152$ would have been an easy decision.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6335 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I better go vacuum seal mine. In a few years, it will pay for my retirement. Big Grin

Posts: 2664 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post