SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help ID This WW2 Era Military Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help ID This WW2 Era Military Holster Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
Can anyone identify this WW2 era holster? The holster was included with a late 1941 Walther PPK I recently acquired though I'm not certain it is correct for this model. It appears to be of quality construction but unfortunately lacks a manufacturer's name or mark. The ink inscription on the inside of the flap reads Cpl. Sgt. Joe Weber 32834038. Thanks for looking.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Walther. Can't tell the size by your pic. Maybe for a PP or PPK. Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with PP, PPK. I think the Germans carried small Mausers, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of the German officers bought their own pistols and holsters. I have one very similar that my uncle got during the battle of the Bulge. Has a Walther Model 4 in it.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Shape reminds me of a Mauser HSC.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:
A lot of the German officers bought their own pistols and holsters.

I'm thrown by the attachment point of the closure strap which is on the rear of the holster. Most PPK holsters where the closure strap secures upward rather than downward are attached (sewn) on the front of the holster. Given the absence of a manufacture's name or mark, this holster may have been a custom job rather than a contract item.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look very similar to the holster that holds my Dad’s (a WWII POW) PPK in .32 ACP/7.65MM. Sorry no readily available pictures of it. Your sample is in way better shape than ours.
It’s possible that my Dad’s pistol and holster were not together when he got them before coming back after his liberation. I recall him telling me that there were piles of weapons that he and others GI’s picked their war trophies from. His PPK had one magazine with it but in the spare mag pouch of the holster is another magazine that doesn’t fit the PPK.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just for kicks, I tried to track down the WWII holster owner. No joy. Based on his GI serial number he was a draftee from Delaware, New Jersey or New York.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post