SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Time for a 1911 Thread....Let's show them off...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a 1911 Thread....Let's show them off... Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Thanks for the reply. I've been fascinated by their claims and production process for years. But you are the first person I've "known" who owns one. I really liked their Jones Deluxe.

Posts: 12468 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
^^^^
Thanks for the reply. I've been fascinated by their claims and production process for years. But you are the first person I've "known" who owns one. I really liked their Jones Deluxe.

Definitely very impressive manufacturing processes at Cabot. The guns are extremely nice

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Bac, There's something about a ED Brown Kobra Carry in SS. If I ever get a chance to pick one up I'm going to be showing it off. Fine 1911 collection. Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2771 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Cheap Tisas arrived. Has a better trigger than my Springfield Prodigy.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8022 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My only 1911 is this very well worn CLW from 1972. All aftermarket bits (extended beaver tail, full length solid recoil guide, skeleton trigger, hogue finger grooves, Wilson combat sights) were there when I picked it up in a trade back in the early 90’s. It is a fine shooter and carries well, though it doesn’t make it into the rotation much anymore.

anonymous image hosting

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15591 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here's my Springfield in .45 with a couple of add ons.

I had to get the bbq rig and added the TT Gunleather.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Cheap Tisas arrived.

Dang... That's a Tisas?

I might have to get one of those...

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous hardware in this thread. Loving the vintage pieces, too.

Here's my .38 Super, replaced the fire control parts with a drop-in kit then hand-fit new thumb and grip safeties plus a magwell and hand-checkered the front strap.

Magwell didn't line up that well so I hand-blended the funnel.

This part made me nervous!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
Bac, There's something about a ED Brown Kobra Carry in SS. If I ever get a chance to pick one up I'm going to be showing it off. Fine 1911 collection. Big Grin

I hope you grab one

By now, it’s a classic

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory - added an S&A arched mag guide some time back.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post

This was my IDPA gun. It is a 9mm. It has a few changes from stock; mag funnel/spring housing, new front sight, new slide release, new extractor, and a little trigger work. And just for fun, I put a brushed finish on the flats of the slide. It isn't quite this pretty now - it was has been carried, drawn, and shot quite a bit.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I went to the way back time machine and found some pics of my very first 1911.

Sadly, I sold this to fund a S & W 4506.

Here are the mods I had made, most of them at Target World in Cincinnati, back when they were located off of 747 near Tri-County, yes, late 70's early 80's IIRC.

Years later, I wish I had this one back in my possession.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motorheadjohn:

Here's my .38 Super, replaced the fire control parts with a drop-in kit then hand-fit new thumb and grip safeties plus a magwell and hand-checkered the front strap.

Very nice! I almost bought one of those Colt Competitions at one time, but couldn't find one locally and ended up with the SA instead. That's some good work you did there...I've always kind of wanted to checker my front strap (it's actually the reason I bought a stainless gun, so I wouldn't have to refinish it), but I haven't been able to muster the nerve to try it, lol.

Here's my pair...nothing particularly special, but they work for me. On the Loaded, I fitted an EGW non-ambi thumb safety and takedown pin, GI guide rod and bushing, Harrison Designs ignition parts, and a solid trigger. Not because there was anything wrong with it from the factory, but I like to tinker.

The EMP also got an EGW non-ambi thumb safety and takedown pin. It's also got regular 1911 grips on it, as the factory thin ones were a bit too small for my hands.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
A 1911 thread? Well twist my arm and I'll absolutely post this picture of my favorite again. I'll try to get a group shot of it with it's siblings later. Wison ACP with mastodon ivory grips.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My 2002 build Wilson CQB. Previous owner bought it as a safe queen. I've had it for 12 years now & it quickly replaced my Springfield TRP as the workhorse.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post