SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What was your first SIG and when?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first SIG and when? Login/Join 
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
In 2008 I bought a P228 GOTM from a gun show for around $450. I did end up selling it for another Sig, then another, and finally stopped at a -5 tactical.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
A 1979 P6 which I bought at Gander Mountain in 2006-ish for $400. I still have it. It's had a few upgrades since then...a P225 barrel to get it to feed hollowpoints, and a P225 mainspring, hammer, and an SRT kit. I basically turned it into a P225. I still have all the original parts, so I could put it back if I ever want to, but it shoots much better like this.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
First one was a P229 9mm. I ended up selling that one to my cousin, who still has it, to fund the P229R 9mm, which I still have. Being younger and more broke, I wanted my only pistol at the time to have a rail for a WML.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1048 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Sig P225 in 1995. Sold my Beretta 92FS the next day.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
239 9mm in early 98. I believe this model had just been released the prior fall. I still have the sales tag - $449 new.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 Combat in 2009.........

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Sig 229 in 40 S&W. My first pistol was a Beretta 96 in the same caliber. I got out of 40S&W in 2012 and have stuck with 9mm and 45 ACP ever since. Also, I got laid off early in 2012 which kicked me off the fence about selling my first Sig,

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Late in 1989, I was issued a SIG P226 9mm as my duty gun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strictly SIG; duotone P290 in early 2012. I still have it, carry it occasionally. If we include the somewhat sort lived Mauser line of the late '90s and early '00s from SIG; a Mauser M2 in 40 from about Sept. 2000. An American Rifleman article from March 2000 led to that choice.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Just after I turned 21, SIG came out with the 226 Navy. This the original 2000 collectors guns that came with the knife. I found a local gunstore that had one in stock, and I fell in love and decided I wanted it. It was my first gun and I went there with WAY more money than they were going for, I was gonna pay whatever they asked to walk out the door with that gun that day.

I couldn't get any of the 4-5 guys behind the counter to give me the time of day. They were sitting around shooting the shit, and none of them would get up to even show it to me. I wandered around that store probably a half hour before getting totally fed up and walking out, and I haven't been back since.

I went right to another local gunstore and bought the only SIG they had, a used 229 in .40 with 10 round magazines. It ended up being fortuitous, to this day that's my favorite firearm although I don't carry it much anymore. It just works and that gun actually embodies SIGs "to Hell and back" reliability, which I just don't see in a lot of their offerings today.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
!984. P226. Later traded off to another copper, but replaced several times over since then.

While I had it I switched agencies to one that was issuing the S&W 659. When I mentioned that I preferred the 226 the head armorer looked a little crestfallen and said "everybody does."

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
P225 in 2001. One of my favorites still.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Picked up a used P229-40 in 2002. Still have it today, although it currently sports a 357 Sig barrel. It's also when I joined the forum!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
a 1987 P226 in 1987...sent it right off to Klein Plating in Erie, PA for their Electroless Nickel since I could never source one that way from SIGARMS in Herndon but they told me that's where they sent theirs to get the EN finish...

added Trijicon (same as SIGLites back then) night sights and was my duty pistol

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226. I still remember shopping at the gun counter. The Glock felt wrong; the Sig felt right. I described it as superior ergonomics. It was when Bill Clinton was president-elect.

Posts: 104 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
WG 226 in 1995

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
220 after I graduated the Academy. Sold it to fund the upgrade from the spur hammer to the bobbed hammer. Have one in every caliber cataloged but had to buy the .30 Luger barrel for the 9mm to complete the set.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Sigpro SP2340. Although I wanted to like it, I just didn’t and ended up trading it in towards getting what I really wanted, which was a 229 TT in .40. Still have it and it’s one of my favorites.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
A P226 KD was my first. I purchased it new around 1993 if I remember correctly. Still have it and it'll never be sold by me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: texassierra,

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
P225 in 1993

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post