SIGforum
Glock Grip reduction

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9730076424

May 23, 2017, 05:33 PM
sg
Glock Grip reduction
Do these companies doing grip reductions on Glocks use expoxy to fill the backstrap then grind down the hump? Is there another method? Thinking hard about doing it myself on my G26.
May 23, 2017, 06:48 PM
Phred
There is the "candle method" which involves heating and reshaping the hump to reduce it.
May 23, 2017, 07:00 PM
sg
Saw that on youtube. Wonder if getting it that hot weakens the polymer.
May 23, 2017, 07:45 PM
YVK
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
One of these days people who are scared to carry Glock will accept that and carry something else.

One of these days people who can't handle stock Glock shape will accept that and carry something else.

I believe that Cold Bore Custom uses a reshape method and he has a fairly large clientele. I've not heard much of negative reports in regards to polymer strength.
May 23, 2017, 08:40 PM
Orive 8
Glock Grip Reduction:
- Robar
- Bowie Tactical
- Cold Bore Customs
there are probably a few more; but these have been proven over and over again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
May 25, 2017, 08:12 AM
sg
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
One of these days people who are scared to carry Glock will accept that and carry something else.

One of these days people who can't handle stock Glock shape will accept that and carry something else.

I believe that Cold Bore Custom uses a reshape method and he has a fairly large clientele. I've not heard much of negative reports in regards to polymer strength.

Lol. The butthurt is strong with this one.
May 25, 2017, 08:14 AM
sg
Im not looking for a company to do the work. Im asking about the methods.
May 25, 2017, 08:19 AM
szuppo
I did two of mine with a heat gun. then did my own stippling with a soldering iron. Pretty easy.

Semper Fi
May 25, 2017, 03:52 PM
sg
How many rounds do you have through them?
May 25, 2017, 04:18 PM
jsjac
For the first time this week I saw a Lone Wolf Glock frame. It was totally different shape.
You might take a look at them.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.aspx?CAT=3168
May 25, 2017, 06:12 PM
dubagel
I just got a Glock 19 gen 3 frame from Ben At Boresight Solutions and love it. Got the level 2 grip reduction and razorback option. Totally love it!!! The frame now feels more "rigid" like an hk uspc and less flexible like my original g19 frame. The gun is more pointable and easy to grip. Highly recommend it.