SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ANIB SIG P230SL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANIB SIG P230SL Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
Just did a safe scan and there are more than 10, 6 are NIB including a 232 in 7.65. Only NIB 232 7.65 I've been able to land in 10 years of looking.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

I am seriously jealous!!!

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol! Gotta love those graceful sloping line of the 230 and 232 models. Question for you, bronicabill, about the frame cracks you referred to on your previous 230: was it the aluminum alloy framed or the stainless steel one? Wonder what caused the cracks?

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Nice looking pistol! Gotta love those graceful sloping line of the 230 and 232 models. Question for you, bronicabill, about the frame cracks you referred to on your previous 230: was it the aluminum alloy framed or the stainless steel one? Wonder what caused the cracks?

It has been quite a while back since that happened (nearly 3 years now). It was a used P230SL with an unknown number of rounds through it, and after returning it to my LGS I was told that a number of them had been returned to SIG for credit due to similar cracks. The exact quantity is unknown to me, but it sounded like a bad batch from SIG, and/or some that had been shot with +P ammo, or simply not properly cared for!

Since this latest one is in unfired condition, and I will know its history from now on, the issue of cracking frames is not something I’m worried about at this time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bronicabill,

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Just brought home what I consider to be SIG's most elegant pistol ever...

I'm with ya...but I'd argue my blued version takes the cake. Smile

Great pistol you have there!

The last regular P230 that I had, I put Hogue cocobolo checkered wood grips on it, and it was beyond beautiful! Big Grin

Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
Now I need one of these and one in a 230 to add to my collection.

quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
Just did a safe scan and there are more than 10, 6 are NIB including a 232 in 7.65. Only NIB 232 7.65 I've been able to land in 10 years of looking.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought one used many years ago with hogue combat grips.... she fits my hand perfectly and I too agree that these were truly elegantly designed pistols.. like a good woman curves everywhere.

A lot of the modern pistols these days look like a shoe box compared to the P230.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Wow! I was happy to find mine about a month ago, but it's definitely not in that condition.
Enjoy!

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
Wow! I was happy to find mine about a month ago, but it's definitely not in that condition.
Enjoy!

If yours is an SL model (all stainless), then it is really easy to make it near perfect again. Either Scotch-Brite pads (the green ones) or plain old steel wool (OOOO is best) will restore the original finish by buffing out any scratches or other blems!

My previous SL had a good bit of scratches and scuff marks, but with generous use of 0000 steel wool, it looked almost like new again. Big Grin

Edit to add pics: The first pic is the first P230SL that I had after buffing out all the scratches and scuffs, second photo is of the cracks found in the frame under the "beavertail", and third is the blued P230 with Hogue wood grips...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bronicabill,

posted Hide Post
Congrats on the P230SL. Got mine from a retired LEO and yes it polishes up nicely with FLitz. Far and away the prettiest Sig out there. Try the hogue g10 checkered grips.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post