SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P635XL Wilson Combat frame.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P635XL Wilson Combat frame. Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
P365XL. I shot 300 rounds of various ammo, which included a lot "defensive loads" from 124gr to 147Gr. All functioned perfectly and were accurate. Sig 365 124gr was the best, but anecdotal as I didn't record much data. I just seemed to be on target more.

So I'm wondering about the Wilson combat frame. Says it's bit bigger in the grip area. The thin grip on the OEM frame isn't bad, but a slightly bigger grip, like the Wilson Combat might suite me more. Perhaps similar to the Glock 43.

What say those that went the WC direction?

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I like it. It is a bit thicker so it seems fuller in the hand. It was a tad too “grippy” for me but a little sandpaper fixed that right up.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I love the Wilson grip module for the 365 as it has just enough palm swell to fill my hand without making it too big. The stock grip feels like I’m gripping an old wooden hockey stick.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 547 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feels great!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 547 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
The swells and contours fit perfect for me, making the gun an easy, accurate, fast shooter; very controllable. Recommended!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I have one for my 365 and I like it, would do it again with no reservations

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I have them on my 365 and the 365XL. They are nicely more hand filling. It's subtle but better IMO.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I have two Wilson frame. Love the palm swell but the hard line down the backstrap eats into my thumb web during recoil.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
I have two Wilson frame. Love the palm swell but the hard line down the backstrap eats into my thumb web during recoil.

That is what sandpaper is for.

-c1steve

Posts: 4063 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:

That is what sandpaper is for.

Someone asked for an opinion of the product so I gave one. I’ve solved it with a Brillo blending wheel.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a difference the Wilson Combat grips make in handling my P365 & P365XL. There seems to be a much better "pointability" with these grips installed. As others have suggested, I have used a
fingernail sanding stick to reduce the aggressive
surface on the backstrap. I think you will be very
happy with the Wilson grips.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I love the Wilson grip module for the 365 as it has just enough palm swell to fill my hand without making it too big. The stock grip feels like I’m gripping an old wooden hockey stick.
I feel the same way. I also like it because they have slots for two weights which help tame recoil a bit.

Wilson also doesn't try and rob you on the price seemingly like everyone else. I wonder how many they have sold just for the P365. It has to be an unreal number.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Ordered and received my Wilson Combat grip module yesterday form all places, Optic Planet which I've avoided for years. Same pricing as other sellers but with free shipping.

Have not shot it yet, but handling and dry firing makes me think I'm going to like it. Although I didn't hate the OEM grip, this Wilson seems to fit my hand better and points naturally. The texturing is very aggressive so we'll see how it does shooting 100+ at the range. With the OEM grip, my slide had a tiny bit of up and down movement and rattle. Not to the point of being overly annoying and it did function flawlessly. When I installed the WC grip, the slide is tight as a drum with no movement or rattle. I suppose this can loosen up with a bit of live fire. We shall see.

Many pics posted, but here's one more I took for my archive:

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post