SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will Sig Prices Go Back Down This Low?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Sig Prices Go Back Down This Low? Login/Join 
posted
Will prices ever go back down this low?

MK-25TB $859.

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 30, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I believe those days have gone the way of the $279 Python, $79 SKS, etc.

But firearms - even in the current market at current prices - still represent a remarkable store of value.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gone like high button shoes and buggy whips.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course they will. Big Grin

At about the same time WW II surplus NRA/DCM 1911's come back to where they were when I graduated from high school (1960). A whopping $17 back then. Still recall that gas for my 1949 Mercury was 25 cents a gallon.

What's that old saying? "Them days are gone forever."

Welcome to the Forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure. As soon as we're about halfway thru the coming depression.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Yes & no... Depends on which models. Prices go down when Sig &/or its distributors have a surplus of inventory.

Sig's metal, hammer fired guns are mostly marketed as premium guns. The MK25 is definitely considered part of their premium line. Sig's current market focus is on polymer frame, striker fired handguns.

We are unlikely to see clearance prices on guns like Legions & MK25s, b/c it's unlikely they'll be overproduced. Poly guns on the other hand, such as basic P320s & P365s have reached inventory levels of supply meeting if not exceeding demand; therefore, their prices have in some cases have returned to pre-pandemic pricing. I can pretty easily search online and find a P320 or P365 for under $500 delivered to local FFL.

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I'm all about the used market! Classic P series (German frames) in .40 are a bargain now! I've picked up several in the $400 - $450 range recently (226 & 229). 9mm are selling for more than .40.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
I'm all about the used market!

Agreed. There are some great deals out there right now if one is willing to do some searching. I recently acquired two lightly used P226 9mm's. One is a 1995 (KF) carbon slide classic while the other is a 2013 Navy. Adjusted for inflation, they were both bargains compared to my first P-Series pistol which I purchased new in 1990 for $625.

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Yes & no... Depends on which models. Prices go down when Sig &/or its distributors have a surplus of inventory.

Sig's metal, hammer fired guns are mostly marketed as premium guns. The MK25 is definitely considered part of their premium line. Sig's current market focus is on polymer frame, striker fired handguns.

We are unlikely to see clearance prices on guns like Legions & MK25s, b/c it's unlikely they'll be overproduced. Poly guns on the other hand, such as basic P320s & P365s have reached inventory levels of supply meeting if not exceeding demand; therefore, their prices have in some cases have returned to pre-pandemic pricing. I can pretty easily search online and find a P320 or P365 for under $500 delivered to local FFL.

Thanks for the insight. Missed out on the opportunity to buy the MK-25TB at the $860 price point back in 2019 because work sent me abroad, got stuck out there because of COVID, then the riots came along a few months later, these things went all the way up to $2500 so I missed out on the chance to buy one at that price.

The regular ones can be found at around $1100 right now. Wondering if it's time or if I should wait a little longer. It's my favorite hand gun of all time. Sold it to fund my original move out of Commiefornia.

posted Hide Post
When there are those forced to choose between food and fun, they’ll let the ones go that will sell for the most and protect themselves and family with their shooters.(which may not be that far away)

Posts: 49 | Registered: October 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by azmercedes:
When there are those forced to choose between food and fun, they’ll let the ones go that will sell for the most and protect themselves and family with their shooters.(which may not be that far away)

So you're saying I should wait? I'm leaning in that direction also.

posted Hide Post
The used market should definitely be the place to shop. Guns in general are plentiful even if certain select models are still relatively hard to come by. It certainly appears that SIG has repositioned the Mk25 as a more niche, four-figure semi-collectable firearm and seems to have adjusted their availability and production numbers to match that. Figure out how many the public want and then set the production to build just less than that. I look at the SIG dealer ordering sheets quite often; the days of paying a bit over $800 at retail for a recent production, brand new example are now long past. HOWEVER the used marketplace is where bargains have the best chance to be had, even on unfired examples that for example may show up in an estate sale. We have more than a couple of customers who have gotten a few of their lusted-after guns this way--including SIGs--often at more than reasonable pricing. A good buddy got his unfired Gen1 G17 through an estate sale, one I was invited to attend but couldn't make due to work. I 'hate' him...

We had a number of new widows come into the shop looking to liquidate the collections of their recently passed spouses, just because they never wanted any of it in the first place...or even knew how deep the dead hubby was into this gun collecting "nonsense". Out of anger or spite or whatever, they just want them GONE. A shop faced with this sweet dilemma will likely be willing to make deals on more than a few "blue chippers" just to make the money back as soon as possible.

-MG

Posts: 1974 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am seeing fine normally hard to find Sig pieces, and others, languishing on armslist, with slow price reductions, then they’re gone. That tells me money is tight and after a while sellers take a fair cash offer. Watching one now. Hard times and food shortages are coming, probably sooner rather than later. Those with the means can hold on to the nice pieces cause they don’t eat. But likewise hungry kids can’t eat them. I’d be patient, if you don’t NEED it, wait until it comes around.

Posts: 49 | Registered: October 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I don't think we will see any classic line sigs under a grand. And that is assuming that Sig will even make them. 40 call police trade ins are selling for 700.00 Frown

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post