SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new HK pistol coming? another p365 competitor?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new HK pistol coming? another p365 competitor? Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted
Hope this isn't a dupe. I tried searching.
No paddle release makes it a no go for me. Love my HKs with the paddle release.

Here's the patent page

https://uspto.report/patent/grant/D918,328#D00000

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Has it got a Grip Zone? The Grip Zone should be clearly marked.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh geez. I just sold my HK and am going all-in with SIG. I hope this pistol sucks. Wink

Really though, I could have been convinced to stay with HK if there was a HK comparable to the P365. Alas, no.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks kinda rounded like a SAS. Better lawyer up.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Agree it needs the paddle mag release. It's one of the defining features of HK handguns. I think it could still be added. The design patent doesn't prevent HK from incorporating the paddle mag release.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Looks kinda rounded like a SAS. Better lawyer up.

No need to lawyer up. The design patent has already been granted. If it looked too much like the P365 SAS, the application wouldn't have been approved.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ I guess you didn't realize it was just a joke. Wink

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They'll be alright, as there's no front cocking serrations! lol

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ll be shocked. HK doesn’t generally do “civilian”. Don’t get me wrong their CS turned around 180 degrees and they are fantastic but they generally make firearms for large contract professional users. I just don’t see a market (in that realm) for an itty bitty CCW firearm.

But hey an HK P365 sounds good to me. But like above, no paddle mag release I am likely out.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Really wish they would just use the squeeze grip from the P7 and forget the Glock style trigger.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3629 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Oh geez. I just sold my HK and am going all-in with SIG. I hope this pistol sucks. Wink

Really though, I could have been convinced to stay with HK if there was a HK comparable to the P365. Alas, no.

Its HK, remember, the pistol doesn't suck, the customer sucks.

In all seriousness it would have been nice if they did the paddle release, I've found some pocket guns like to eject mags with the button release.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Oh crap. I just sold all of my HKs for Taurus.............

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
Oh crap. I just sold all of my HKs for Taurus.............

I’ll take something that not even Brett Vorhees would say for $1000 Alex. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Hellcat...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wish more manufacturers would spend more time developing more striker-fired pistols that DON'T use that furschlinger safety tab in the face of the trigger! I think the world of Wilhelm Bubits, but if SIG can come up with a trigger that doesn't pinch the nerve at the end of the trigger finger, why can't everybody else?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will reach the US market around 2024. HK doesn't move fast, that's for sure.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks kinda cool, looks like it has backstraps. Hint that it may be roller locked over on HK pro, which is interesting as there is a Merkel patent from Wilhelm Bubits a few years ago for a compact pistol? Also, interesting is the New Taurus is part Wilhelm Bubits design, kinda TS9, BB6 design hints!

The good thing is we know an HK will work from the get go, no screwed up striker drag, no blowing your — - - - off accidentally. No spontaneous discharges. That alone is worth the wait, and that I don’t have to listen to Phil Strader sound like a travelling salesman! I also can rest assured there will not be any stupid coin, knife, or rainbow, sparta, scorpio version etc. Bring it on.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Leave it to HK to create a striker fired pistol (VP9) with double the parts of a Glock. I can't wait to see the parts diagram on this one.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the bullets go in backwards in this one too?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Hk be following the money & where the market is going..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post