SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My next subgun? Thinking B&T...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My next subgun? Thinking B&T... Login/Join 
posted
Primarily the APC9, but I've been hearing a mixed bag of results about the gun. I'd likely order one with the Glock lower but one of our customers had numerous feeding problems with his. Another customer had similar problems with his GHM9/Glock configuration. I could always just go straight B&T, but then yet another customer was having issues with HIS B&T magazines.

I've shot the APC9 once and I do like how it ran. I already have a SP5K-PDW that has been a blast, and coupled with my 8" MPX.2 both have pretty much driven away any real desire for a regular SP5. I've also got a reliable AR9 pistol that I built using Quarter Circle receivers, don't care much at all for the plasticky Scorpion (or how much CZ has raised their pricing), maybe could add a Banshee in 10mm in Stormtrooper White Big Grin, or maybe do a Kalashnikov KP9 pistol...but honestly I kinda had my sights for something Swiss.

Any thoughts or insights on the B&Ts? I hate hearing about problems but I've also got a couple of customers with their APC9s that they say run flawlessly. Dunno what to think...

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.thetruthaboutguns....cz-bren-2-ms-pistol/

I agree on the Scorpion but I picked one of these up a bit ago and love it.
B&T would work too. Good to have choices.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
I want an APC10 so bad I can taste it.

Every review I’ve seen has been positive. Already have a CMMG RDB 10mm that I built on a Angstadt upper and lower, so I can share mags. I’ve heard the B&T are fantastically built.

If you already have a sp5k and an AR 9, I’d think the B&T would almost be redundant. My AR9s don’t see as much use when compared to the HK offerings.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an APC45 and a TP9 and both run great. I’ve never had an issue with either. Both use B&T mags. I shoot the APC45 suppressed and not. The TP9 can still in jail.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fullmann:
I want an APC10 so bad I can taste it...

The Cabela's in Buda had an APC10 pro used for $1999 on Sunday. Don't know if it's still there. Had a Magpul K2 grip on it. Seems like a good deal if you don't mind used. I did not look it over though.

Posts: 2015 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got to finally run a Scorpion with purpose tonight. It belongs to a friend of a friend; he got to shoot my Alien and I got to play with his highly modified Scorpion SBR and Tactical Orange pistol. Too bad I don't sell Aliens, because I think I made Laugo and Lancer a sale.

I liked the CZ handgun quite a lot but I'm still not sold on their subgun. I like some of the mods he did to the Scorpion; the ambi safety delete is a BIG improvement with the handling of the gun. He also installed a Magpul Zhukov stock and squared front HB Industries M-lok handguard and I have to say the gun looks a lot more appealing to me in this form. Definitely less of the "ray gun" vibe than with the standard factory sloped handguard. Also helps that it has a tax stamp. I suppose I could convince myself that a base Scorpion would make for a good starting point for a "next" project, but nah. I still don't like and now trust its "polymerness" since apparently through social media sites there have been multiple reports of OOB discharges punching holes through the left side the receiver (where of course no holes were meant to be), due to instances of subjecting the gun to rapid fire. The main culprits seems to be due to bump fire exercises or the use of binary triggers, but it's disconcerting nonetheless to hear of such potentially injurious issues. After all, what's the threshold for the shooting pace being "too rapid" for the gun's own good?

To date I've not had any such problems with my MPX, though I've not tried bump firing it. Binary triggers are illegal in WA state so that's a non-starter if there's even a MPX-safe unit actually available. But I have done more than a few ammo-wasting, rapid fire 30rd mag dumps with the MPX and it doesn't seem to be none the worse for wear. Plus its receiver is made of alloy, a far less unsettling material to my brain's opinionated grey matter that hardened polymer goop is.

After I got home, I logged into our shop's Lipsey's account and ordered myself a APC9 (B&T mag configuration; I'll pick up the Glock lower later). Yeah it's pricy and Lipsey's is all out of B&T mags, but I think a little Swiss-made brew is what I need. Thanks to all who shared your thoughts. Now I just have to remedy this idea of buying another CZ handgun...

It never ends.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
^^^ Monoblok, cant wait to read your thoughts on the APCniner. I have it or the K version on my list.

loves me some Swiss engineering!

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit late on this thread. I have all the APC variants. I have tens of thousands of rounds and literally not a single significant problem. In the things that are irritating you can have the fact that the glock lower has all the problems of any lower that has to move the mag catch to the front (same as any ar9 for example). That mechanism is less than stellar and can be stiff. If someone is having feed issues my guess is they don't have the mag inserted. The second is the B&T mags can be a bit fragile if you drop them on hard surfaces (like concrete) on a regular basis. B&T makes rubber bumpers to help. But once I toasted a few in our tactical matches I just run glock which of course can stand just about anything.
I think I have all the major contenders and I simply like the B&T the best. Especially once you factor in the soft stuff like the brace/stock options etc.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I shoot the APC45 suppressed

How? something that fits the trilug on the 45 has eluded me?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the barrel threaded and use a Tirant. I am in tampa so B&T USA directed me to a guy here.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post