SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 experts- Any differences in FCU’s between models?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 experts- Any differences in FCU’s between models? Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
I currently have two P365’s, manufacture dates of June 2018. I will soon be getting 2 more P365’s (P365X and P365XL both with Romeo Zero’s). I really don’t need 4 P365 FCU’s and am planning on selling at least two, and possibly three, of them.

So my question is this - any functional or quality differences between the “original” FCU and the “X” model FCU’s (other than flat trigger)?

On the two I have, I have put a Gray Guns flat trigger in one and in the other I have a red cerakoted flat trigger that matches some other pimp work I had done on it. Am I giving anything up if I sell off the new “X” FCU’s and just keep the tried and true ones?

After doing the math, it was cheaper in the long run to get what I want as a modular system (regular length slide w/o RDS, regular length slide w/RDS, XL length slide w/RDS) by buying complete guns and selling off the “extra” FCU’s, magazines, etc. instead of buying slides and barrels.

If the FCU’s are all the same, it will save me some time and effort swapping triggers around plus “new” FCU’s might bring in a few more dollars on the sale.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10945 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I've had several P365s. I have or had one 2021 production, one 2020, and the rest 2018. In my experience, most of the 2018 FCUs felt smoother and slightly lighter in trigger pull weight than the 2020 & 21 I had. I have a buddy who also has owned several P365s, and he agrees his 2018 FCU triggers feel better.

Many of the early 2018 FCUs had the trigger spring that scratched magazines. Towards the latter part of 2018, Sig redesigned the striker. The current P365s have protective coatings on some of the small parts that they didn't do before. There are probably more rolling changes I'm leaving out.

If you're satisfied w/ your current FCUs, and they've proven reliable, I'd stick w/ them.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post