SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG non-.45 1911 ?s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG non-.45 1911 ?s Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
So I've got a SIG Tacops 1911 in .357 sig on the way and I have a few questions.

1.) Magazines. Best brand and source for .40/.357 mags?

2.) Holsters. How far off is the SIG 1911 slide profile from other railed 1911s? Want a kydex holster and I see a number of places say "won't fit GSR", etc. Suggestions for OWB and IWB kydex that'll fit this gun?

3.) Mag carriers. Only ever had a .45 1911. Are .40 1911 mags slimmer than .45 mags? Will any .40 mag fit in a carrier designed for a .45 mag?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone?

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
I believe the mags are all the same dimension. Wilson must make 40/357 mags, that's the only 1911 mag I'd use.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original OEM mags were Checkmates. I understand SIG is now shipping Wilson mags with the 357s. I have half a dozen of the Checkmates and they all run fine in my Nightmare.
The SIG slide is different enough that regular 1911 holsters won't work. There are enough people making SIG ones that you can find what you need. CDNN has a Bladetech brand kydex holster for the SIG on sale for $15. It's convertible for OWB and IWB use. I ordered one today in fact!
Mag carriers are universal in my experience.

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Holster: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...880095024#9880095024

Mags etc: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...290047014#2290047014

Cobra Tripp Research 40S&W 1911 mags are recommended.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8349 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, folks.

I'm enthused. Got it with NS. Probably eventually want to change the front out for a fiber optic NS, but first will need to stock up on mags and a holster. I think I may have a 1911 mag carrier around somewhere, but probably not enough of them. May take this to a class this summer, once I wring it out a bit.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Suggestions for OWB and IWB kydex that'll fit this gun?

Cook's and Garrett Industries show the SIG 1911 on their availability list. I can recommend both these makers. Garrett's are Kydex shell and smooth-side-in leather lining. http://cooksholsters.com http://giholsters.com

Posts: 28071 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered one of the SIG branded Bladetechs from Sheady-Ern-Ern just because it was $15. Shipped within 30 min of my order, actually, so I'll have it not long after the gun.

Long term, I may go with a Garrett. Have one for my G19. Would like to try one of their IWBs, but for range use, the SIG one will work for now.

Do like the look and price of those Cook holsters, though. Never seen them before. Will check them out.