SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P322 Comp just released
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P322 Comp just released Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
El Linko

Nice looking two tone, compensator, 25 round mag be interested in seeing one in person, might need to add to the 22lr collection, look how happy it makes the shooter using it!

Specs

This pistol is designed with a barrel-mounted compensator for reduced muzzle rise, slide-mounted racker, 25-round extended magazine for increased capacity, a ROMEOZero ELITE red dot optic for fast target acquisition as well as a sport takedown lever and extended mag release for quicker operation.

Two tone competition slide equipped with ROMEOZero ELITE and slide racker
Compensator-equipped barrel
Sport takedown lever
Extended magazine catch
(1) 20-round and (1) 25-round magazine

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first thought on seeing it was: does a .22 pistol actually need a comp? Is there that much muzzle rise, and enough gas from .22lr for a comp to actually work? Seems like the weight of the comp would do mode for muzzle rise than the gas jet.

Posts: 3340 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
My first thought on seeing it was: does a .22 pistol actually need a comp? Is there that much muzzle rise, and enough gas from .22lr for a comp to actually work? Seems like the weight of the comp would do mode for muzzle rise than the gas jet.

The gas pedal seems to be a little overkill as well…

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Slide racker? Because for why?

The 25 rounder has my attention, but that is about it.

At least they are trying something instead of shipping out the same stuff from last year.

Dude is grinning because he gets paid to shoot while still in the witness protection plan.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As the saying goes, "There's a sucker born every minute."

If you buy one of these ridiculous things, at least be honest with yourself that you just wanted a new toy.

Posts: 107703 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least the ammo is relatively cheap to shoot.

-MG

Posts: 2007 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
The comp is actually useful if you are competing in Steel challenge or like competition. Shooting for time...you are trying to eck out a .10 of a second here and there at each run. Add 4 runs in a stage...times how many stages...it adds up.

For the average plinker...no comp is really needed for a .22.

Posts: 1354 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone mentioned how the compensator is mounted to the barrel? A lot of neat gadgets came attached to the Mosquito at one point, but the delivery (as with the Mosquito itself) left something to be desired.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you buy one of these ridiculous things, at least be honest with yourself that you just wanted a new toy.

Ain't nothing wrong with getting a new toy! Big Grin

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my 322. Nothing wrong with it really but nothing was great about it either. The 25 round mags are no big deal. They have been selling them for quite awhile. I never bought any because the only real rag I have on the gun was the mags were finicky as hell to load. They were way too easy to get "jumbled" in the stack and you had to start over or accept the inevitable malfunction. Loaded correctly it was very reliable. I figured the 25 round mag was just 5 more opportunities to fuck it up when loading.

I like the slide racker. 22's typically have tiny slides with little to purchase. I wouldn't balk at that. I added a "ring" to the bolt of my Ruger MK and it is nearly indispensable now. The comp is a bit of a joke. I put a comp on my Ruger MK but in my mind it is just as much a thread protector as it is a comp. Not sure how that would work out on this gun, not well I am thinking. lol

So a solid meh.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buds has the 322 with Romeo Zero on their site for $500. Could not find any prices for the 322 Comp. Anyone know what the damage is? My guess is $750.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MSRP 699.00

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna hold out for the AXG Legion Rainbow Diamond-plate Edition... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8947 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I'm gonna hold out for the AXG Legion Rainbow Diamond-plate Edition... Wink

Hey now, don't encourage them! Big Grin

Posts: 8643 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize that the P322 had that much muzzle rise that it can benefit from a compensator. My Browning Buckmark has so little muzzle rise that I can rapid fire three inch groups with ten rounds of crappy bulk ammo at 75 feet.

Posts: 9749 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post