SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bull Armory SASII Tactical Commander
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bull Armory SASII Tactical Commander Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
just put a bid on one of these in 9mm. i have been watching reviews online and was very impressed with what i saw for the money. these run about half of what a comparable STI goes for. Israeli company with a good reputation that is trying to gain traction in the states. anyone have one or have any info on them? if i like this one, i plan on having it cut for optics.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3529 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for the 5" Government Rail to show itself. From what I've read, it does not take most 2011 parts like the frames and possibly magazines. I'm really hoping this works and works great.

Posts: 4421 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bull Armory SASII Tactical Commander

Very nice.
The Israelis are onto something.
I just bought my first STI.
An Edge, one of the last ones.
$2K

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, that one slipped past me in the night. i still plan on finding one soon. the grip frames are not the same as the STI counterparts. they are the same type of grip frame, just not interchangeable. i like the Bul grips better, so no worry there. the mags are also unique to the gun, but as i understand, MBX makes mags that work in the Bul guns. costly, but they are there for the asking. nothing about these types of guns are for the budget minded, anyway. i hope these start making more of a splash in the American market.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3529 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
That’s a nice looking heater. It’s suppose to be significantly less than an STI?

Posts: 13858 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
You can find non-rail version of that on Gunbroker for $1200, It goes up from there when you get into the target models. This does undercut the SPS Pantera by $300-$400 assuming you can find one in 9mm.

Posts: 4421 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
That’s a nice looking heater. It’s suppose to be significantly less than an STI?

STI DC-ed the Edge models and are now marketing their new Staccato models.
With the Staccato came new, higher pricing.

BUL pricing is more like Edge pricing was.
Staccato is up to 3K or better.
If BUL can be competitive with their price structure, they will sell a lot of those pistols in the US.

So why monkey with this type of pistol ?
Simple.
You have the fantastic features of the 1911 combined with modern, double stack mags.
Imagine, up to 26+1 in a 1911-type pistol !

Gentlemen, I give you the Model of 2011

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Apparently they go smaller too. Saw this, it's the first I've heard of them. Feel free to skip the first 3:30 or so.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/aJPsnFHBCEc

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
They also go daring. They haven’t hit the US dealers yet, but this thing will be $1,800 with all the accessories:

If the railed Govt model gets here and isn’t much more expensive than the non-railed one, I think I’ll jump on this bandwagon.

Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I like it. I've been wanting a competitive priced double stack 1911 for years but won't pay STI prices. Mostly race guns anyway. If they come out with a Commander length or 5" model, I'm buying.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 720 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Bul is not new to the US

Charles Daley imported them for a while and Kimber offered Bul based auto loaders before that

My oldest Bul was acquired perhaps 20 yeas ago

I have been very happy with the quality of their products

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5214 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post