SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Elite LTT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Elite LTT Login/Join 
posted
https://imgur.com/a/c2jlnFs

Sorry about link but I can’t figure imgur out.

Ran 500ish rounds through this one. Great version of the 92. Clearly Ernest Langdon knows what works. His simple changes to the frame around the mag release, trigger guard and beaver tail are nearly unnoticeable until you pick it up. Forward serrations on lighter Vertec slide are nice. I paid for his trigger work and it is smooth and very manageable. He ships it with a 13# spring and I’m tempted to drop in a 12# for matches.

It’s a 92 so it is accurate and reliable. I ran 500+ rounds of shitty Barnaul Russian stuff with no malfunctions other than 2 light strikes. I get light strikes with this ammo in other guns as well. It is bad ammo at almost any price (135 per 1000) is what I paid.

VZ thin grips, M9A1 frame, and his “melting” at some points makes for a very nice handling 92.

If you are a 92 guy you should check theses out.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
https://imgur.com/a/c2jlnFs

Sorry about link but I can’t figure imgur out.

Ran 500ish rounds through this one. Great version of the 92. Clearly Ernest Langdon knows what works. His simple changes to the frame around the mag release, trigger guard and beaver tail are nearly unnoticeable until you pick it up. Forward serrations on lighter Vertec slide are nice. I paid for his trigger work and it is smooth and very manageable. He ships it with a 13# spring and I’m tempted to drop in a 12# for matches.

It’s a 92 so it is accurate and reliable. I ran 500+ rounds of shitty Barnaul Russian stuff with no malfunctions other than 2 light strikes. I get light strikes with this ammo in other guns as well. It is bad ammo at almost any price (135 per 1000) is what I paid.

VZ thin grips, M9A1 frame, and his “melting” at some points makes for a very nice handling 92.

If you are a 92 guy you should check theses out.

I just found out about these and am absolutely dying to buy 2 of them. I just gotta decide if I really want to take the plunge. I traded off my berettas a couple years ago and regret it every day. I think these would be a perfect uspsa gun. Can you tell me about the trigger job? Is it worth the extra money? I see on his website the guns are little more than on gunbroker, but that's without the trigger job. Anyway, I'm jealous!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SWEET.

I'd seriously consider one if I didn't just get my Italian 92A1 all set up with LTT parts and such.

Can't wait to get mine to the range again - they are a joy to shoot!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He replaces the trigger bar with the WC bar which apparently does two things. Supposedly trigger bars from Beretta are known to be "soft" and eventually any trigger work/polishing on them might be undone. So the WC is harder and the second thing is that it allows for the DA stroke to allow a longer arc of the hammer vice the stock. This allows using a lighter hammer spring without light strikes. It also incorporates an overtravel stop. He also polishes all the appropriate parts, springs, sear, trigger, etc.

The trigger is wicked smooth throughout, no stacking, with a 13# supplied mainspring it is a great trigger. I would recommend buying this option. My EII and 92G-SD both have good triggers but this one is markedly better than either.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very, very nice. I picked up the Wilson Brigadier a couple of weeks ago. I love the pistol (and trigger).

The trigger guard though, gives me Glock knuckle. I like that EL bevels his. Wilson should do this too.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on Rhino, don’t have room for just one more?

Funny thing is, I bought this pair of LTT’s because I too bought some parts from Langdon (TJIAB) and was very impressed. So much so that I decided to build a franken 92 on a M9A1 frame, TJIAB, grips, crowned barrel, new sights, etc and then when I ran the numbers I found this gun would be cheaper to buy from LTT than to build it. Plus, you can’t buy a Vertec slide with forward serrations and I wouldnt get his frame mods.

I love the WC collaborations. If it wasn’t for that I think a lot of this current resurgence of 92 love wouldn’t have happened. That being said, for the money and for the shooter (vice collector) this gun is the 92 to own. To me.

My EII and G-SD have already been put back into their cases in the gun safe. It is that good.

Edited to add: the bevel he does on the trigger guard makes a big difference if you are shooting more than a mag or two. The removal of that sharp point around mag release same thing. I compared to some other frames I have and it appears they removed some metal around beaver tail as well.

I will reiterate, if you are a 92 guy this is the shooter gun to have. Period. And yes, pay for his trigger job. Lol

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
The trigger job is well worth it. I have a W/C Brigadier and Compact that I bought from Wilson without the action job. Recently, I bought the Centurion from Wilson with the action job and was amazed at the difference in triggers. Seeing that Langdon Tactical is local, I took the Brigadier and Compact down to them for their trigger job. Got them back in a week and they’re triggers are just as good, maybe better, than the one Wilson did. When I picked them up, they let me try the LTT Elite and was very impressed. Getting ready to add it to the family.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a soft spot in my heart for the Beretta 92 series, being a kid of the 80s and 90s.

I owned a mid-90s 92FS Brigadier that in hindsight I wouldn't mind having back, but with the current options from Beretta, WC, and LTT, I don't miss it and think this is a huge renaissance for the platform.

I honestly think Beretta USA's problem was not listening to their civie customers for years (G-mods, removable front sights, etc). Probably got soft and lazy with the .GOV contract but now they seem to be picking up their game a bit, albeit mostly with these 'special guns".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks nice. I would not mind adding a couple of Berettas to the collection. So many models to choose from.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
My WC Brig Tac is my first Beretta and has become one of my favorite pistols. I'm trying hard not to pick up the LTT.

I think a TJIAB is in order for my Wilson, though (mine is without the factory work)

Posts: 6032 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TJIAB is a great product. Buy a couple different weight mainsprings and you will be very happy. I ended up with 2 then I got these LTT’s.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
FYI with Imgur you can post a thumbnail using https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/mi...gur-thumbnail-trick/

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like this. Having a tough time deciding between this LLT and the Sig Legion

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Legion 226 and LTT. Legion is prettier but as a shooter the LTT would be my choice.

I will investigate that link, thank you.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
TJIAB is a great product. Buy a couple different weight mainsprings and you will be very happy. I ended up with 2 then I got these LTT’s.

Does the mainspring weight affect function? Meaning the 12# might not ignite everything, but the 14# will at the expense of some trigger weight? Or is it dependent on the individual pistol which spring will work best?

I don't think I'd need the lightest possible, I'd prefer it to function reliably with all types of ammo since this isn't a competition/range only gun.

Posts: 6032 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very interested in this pistola !

I have been wanting to add a Beretta to the collection for awhile and thought it would be one from Wilson Combat but will be looking hard at this one !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s how they explained it to me. 12# spring will work with most ammo that doesn’t have “hard” primers ie CCI (I believe). They ship them with 13# mainsprings because they say it will work reliably across the board. I asked what weight to use if I anticipated using it as a HD gun, he unequivocally stated 13#.

In all honesty I have been using 12 and 13# mainsprings in my modded 92’s without incident until I started using this Barnaul ammo. I then went back up to 13# and the rate decreased to a low hum but still occasionally ie half a percent or so failure rate.

According to Ernest they use the WC trigger bar because it actually increases the hammer arc. That allows the use of lighter mainsprings.

When I burn through this last two cases of ammo I’m going back to my normal stuff and expect no issues at all. Never had a light strike with brass cased ammo or even Tula.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Looks like I'll be ordering a TJIAB with a 13# spring.

And Aimee Langdon answered the question I submitted via the website; use all the TJIAB parts when putting it in a Wilson Combat model, don't do a partial install using some of the W/C parts.

Now I just need to figure out how to detail strip a Beretta 92.

posted Hide Post
One of the beautiful things about the Beretta 92 is the ease of disassembly. I don't mess with the slide very often because I hate roll pins and there isn't much to change out unless you break something.

The TJIAB is amazingly easy to install. The hardest part to swap out is the sear and sear spring. Its not hard but its the proverbial a third hand would come in handy job.

Best 165 bucks you can spend on your 92. Then buy his thin VZ LTT branded grips. They rock. I have used Hogue, factory, Alumagrips, and these VZ's are easily the best.