SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 8040 mini, caliber conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 8040 mini, caliber conversion Login/Join 
posted
Over the weekend, I purchased a Beretta cougar mini .40SW. Among other brands, I’m a Beretta fan, And would like the availability to switch between .40 and 9 mm. Is it possible to switch these calibers? Are there manufacturers that make these conversion barrels? Has anyone converted a cougar in this manner?
My thanks in advance for your discussion And responses.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
theoretically, you could swap barrels but that's not ideal. it's not common to find cougar mini barrels sold on their own so it's likely easier to just buy another mini in 9mm

Posts: 3090 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d contact Beretta directly as I’ve never seen a Cougar barrel sold as an extra.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this one have the rotating barrel? If so I wouldn’t think you could swap...

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post